HaHa's Future in Green Bay

rpiotr01

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Didn't see this posted elsewhere but an interesting development.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...lintondix-thinks-packers-stint-will-end-in-18

I've figured this to be the case since early last year. He's fine as a player but he's not a leader, he's not nearly as good as he thinks he is and he's not a cornerstone piece for the secondary. He has some statistical lines that will make negotiations treacherous, for example I read somewhere that over the past 3 seasons he either leads or is top 2-3 in INTs by S league wide, which is crazy because his overall play doesn't give the impression he's all that impactful. I want to make the Darren Sharper comparison but HaHa isn't 1/10th the ballhawk Sharper was.

On the other hand, it's an admission of failure and leaves the team having to deal with a roster hole. The S position was dreadful after the 2013 season, and TT invested a high pick in HaHa to fix it. Now it'll be back to the drawing board with another bare cupboard at yet another positional group on D needing a complete rebuild.

Well....this is what I would do. Let Ha Ha walk unless he becomes very cheap. (wont happen) I would move Tramon Williams over to Safety. It would prolong his career. We all know that he does not have the speed anymore but has always had the ability to be in the right spot. Also, he is a leader on this secondary. It may help the young CB's continue to grow.

We can then draft a S in the draft and hope that is our guy moving forward. We can also look in FA but there aren't usually great options at S in FA. My tc(

Was going to say Transition tag Ha Ha but looking at numbers that could be $10 million just to do that and IMO thats to much money to give Ha Ha for even 1 year.

We keep spending our draft picks on replacing guys in our defensive secondary because we let them walk, saying they aren't that good.

Yet, as I look around the league, I see so many of them doing great things. I believe there's a message there.

We keep spending our draft picks on replacing guys in our defensive secondary because we let them walk, saying they aren't that good.

Yet, as I look around the league, I see so many of them doing great things. I believe there's a message there.
Yep 3. Hayward was more financial, Hyde was a miss and Randall was played out of position. Randall was the big miss IMO due to need.

Yep 3. Hayward was more financial, Hyde was a miss and Randall was played out of position. Randall was the big miss IMO due to need.

Randall is playing really well as a S for CLE right now... Wouldn't it be nice to have kept him and slid him over to fill Dix slot? Williams should be cut altogether. No need to move the guy and his walker over to S. We need youth that will grow and get better.

The problems in the secondary, including the misuse of Randall speak to the overall coaching problems. Trading him for a mediocre back-up QB was a foolish mistake. MM and Co. can say what they want, but there is something wrong with the secondary coaching.

Back