Gutekunst to hire Hendrickson to prominent personnel post

I think this is a disaster. Wonder how much a countability Guteys bro will really have? I mean when was the last time the Ravens had a decent roster??

Ok. Just kidding. I really don't have much of a reaction to this.

It also forces Oakland to continue to pay him.

My guess any team that brings him in he will agree to low salary no matter role just as way to stick it to Oakland so they still have to pay difference at least for time he had left on Raiders contract if he had 1-2 years make those years low base then have regular salary kick in afterwards.

My guess any team that brings him in he will agree to low salary no matter role just as way to stick it to Oakland so they still have to pay difference at least for time he had left on Raiders contract if he had 1-2 years make those years low base then have regular salary kick in afterwards.
Not sure if GM’s have offset language in their contracts

Well, since Hendrickson is a fellow alum of mine, I’m all for it!

GO NORSE!!

Grabbed a few things from this article.

Gutey is trying to assemble ppl he trusts and bring back ppl that helped make this franchise great.

Also would seem he is self aware of his strengths and weaknesses. A sign of a good leader.

Unlike Thompson doesn't seem to go it alone and surrounding himself with ppl he trusts.

It would seem many here were right in their thinking that Thompson's had health problems, as this mentions his health

I had no doubts there was something wrong with Ted. Don't know what, but he seemed to lack energy, slurred his words even more than usual, seemed like he was lost in thought at times when he should have been more engaged. Something just didn't seem right. Maybe something long-term, maybe just burn-out and fatigue.

The fact that he has gone home to Texas tells me it's might something a little bigger or more chronic, as I suspect he was just not able to continue the daily grand and be productive. Still, if his scouting skills have not eroded completely, having a full-time guy in Texas isn't a bad thing. That assumes that he's actively working and scouting. They don't really say.

My father had Dementia and I moved him into my house in 2013 until he passed in 2017.
Ted’s slow speech, searching for a word (at times), and the blank expression (on occasion) on his face where the same things I was seeing in my father.
Can’t say that is 100% what Ted is dealing with.
Just my observation based on personal experience.

My father had Dementia and I moved him into my house in 2013 until he passed in 2017.
Ted’s slow speech, searching for a word (at times), and the blank expression (on occasion) on his face where the same things I was seeing in my father.

I agree. He seemed to be developing these signs for a while. His being a quiet individual to start, it would hide a lot of it early on.

I'm just reacting on my own observations but your assessment seems tragically correct.

I think Ted is sick also. They decided to put him into the PHOF this upcoming year and even moved the date of it from July to May. Plus if you look at the interview Ted did after they said he was going it to me it seemed he had lost weight and was not speaking with a strong voice even for him as he used too. This rushed attempt to put him into the PHOF shows me that Ted is sick and in declining health and want to get him into the PHOF while he can still enjoy it or perhaps even be alive.

I think Ted is sick also. They decided to put him into the PHOF this upcoming year and even moved the date of it from July to May. Plus if you look at the interview Ted did after they said he was going it to me it seemed he had lost weight and was not speaking with a strong voice even for him as he used too. This rushed attempt to put him into the PHOF shows me that Ted is sick and in declining health and want to get him into the PHOF while he can still enjoy it or perhaps even be alive.

It all points towards a progressive illness. Even the fact that he's moved back to Texas to be around what he knows best shows these indications. Knowing how low key he always was, he wouldn't want anyone to feel sorry for him. He had a good ride, and he did a good job early on, getting it done.

People within the organization should have seen him struggling, and probably didn't have the heart to turn him loose.

He did bring us to a Super Bowl. Never forget that. Only three different GMs have done that. That's quite a feat.

Back