Greg Monroe a Buck

57packer

Reaction score
Sounds like the Bucks and Monroe have agreed to a deal.

Nice addition. Hopefully will supply some low post scoring and rebounding.

3 years and 50 million with a player option for year 4. Max deal. Lot of money but the Bucks needed a center bad and other top guys were off the market or not going to come to Milwaukee. He's a good scorer and rebounder I hear but does not play defense. Now starting lineup will probably look like

PG MCW
SG Middleton
SF Giannis
PF Parker
C Monore

BPG vasquez/Bayless
BSG Mayo/Vaughn
BSF Henson/Bryant
BPF Dudley/Pachulia
BC Pachulia/Henson

Sounds like Dudley is gone as well (trade with the Wizards but no details yet . . . probably just going to get a 2nd Rd pick in a salary dump move) so assume that means Henson and Pachulia are the back-up "bigs". Vasquez will back-up the PG spot with Mayo/Bayliss/Vaughn at the SG spot. Really don't have a back-up at SF right now. Maybe Ingliss will turn into someone they can use off the bench at the SF spot.

It's basically a 3 forward line up. Monroe is the PF. I like the move

3 years and 50 million with a player option for year 4. Max deal. Lot of money but the Bucks needed a center bad and other top guys were off the market or not going to come to Milwaukee. He's a good scorer and rebounder I hear but does not play defense. Now starting lineup will probably look like

PG MCW
SG Middleton
SF Giannis
PF Parker
C Monore

BPG vasquez/Bayless
BSG Mayo/Vaughn
BSF Henson/Bryant
BPF Dudley/Pachulia
BC Pachulia/Henson

Vaughn is a point guard. Vasquez more a #2. Would not list Monroe as a center and Parker is not a true PF.
more of A 3. Going to play small

Vaughn is a point guard. Vasquez more a #2. Would not list Monroe as a center and Parker is not a true PF.
more of A 3. Going to play small

Monroe is 6'11
Giannis is 6'11
Parker is 6'8
Middleton is 6'7
MCW is 6'6

Don't see how that is playing small.

Monroe is 6'11
Giannis is 6'11
Parker is 6'8
Middleton is 6'7
MCW is 6'6

Don't see how that is playing small.

Simple. Giannis and Parker both play the 3 in reality. Neither is a power player. Monroe is a PF more than a true center even at 6-11. Can't just look at height have to consider their true position

Back