Giannis staying in Milwaukee?

Why not? In my opinion, of all the stories that get run this was far from the worst offender of not being relevant or entertaining. I mean, most of the stories on Yahoo "Sports" are less relevant!
I guess it may just have been a slow news day.
Again there were dozens of other angles / stories to run associated with Giannis signing the super max. Fox News historically has viewed sports, especially the NBA as a way to push its political agenda. Goes back to Laura Ingram telling Bron to “shut up and dribble”, the constant blasting of athletes kneeling. In this case they chose to focus on find negative. A news organization like FNC does not need sports to push “click bait” , they have a different division for that, but they do want to make sure it fits their narrative. All the major news outlets ran stories that day, none about burning jerseys or a sensational headline.

Being in the ad/media business over the last 25 years it’s been my job to recommend programming to clients and part of that is to make sure I have an unbiased look at what’s on air / digital and in print. What they ran with was consistent with their news “policy”.

The only way these services make enough money to pay their salaries is to get clicks that turn into advertising money. They'll use any headline it takes to make that happen. One look at how they handle it through facebook should tell the whole story. Then there's the side bar ads we see as well. One, as an example, show a picture of a highly viewed TV show and suggest it's being cancelled, and people immediately click on it to see what they're talking about. People go to this click-bait the same way that little "bait snatcher" bluegills head for a worm on a hook. Both are equally annoying.

All of what makes sites like this even more valuable. Mark has eliminated the bombardment of ads and misdirection that plagues so many sites, in their attempt to generate more revenue.

Again there were dozens of other angles / stories to run associated with Giannis signing the super max. Fox News historically has viewed sports, especially the NBA as a way to push its political agenda. Goes back to Laura Ingram telling Bron to “shut up and dribble”, the constant blasting of athletes kneeling. In this case they chose to focus on find negative. A news organization like FNC does not need sports to push “click bait” , they have a different division for that, but they do want to make sure it fits their narrative. All the major news outlets ran stories that day, none about burning jerseys or a sensational headline.

Being in the ad/media business over the last 25 years it’s been my job to recommend programming to clients and part of that is to make sure I have an unbiased look at what’s on air / digital and in print. What they ran with was consistent with their news “policy”.

There actually could have been a feel good story surrounding the burning of jerseys. The fact that Giannis has fervently called the Milwaukee area his home. That speaks volumes for both him, and the people of the area. A completely different image than what the press often likes to point out. When a player feels like he does, about an area, and the people, it's like a breath of fresh air in today's society where, "It's all about me!," seems to be the norm.

I'm not saying we can get all gushy about it, but it felt good knowing we weren't looking at another Lew Alcindor situation like we did, nearly 50 years ago. We have that mega-star who said this is where he wants to be.

The burning of jerseys comes from fans, frustrated by how easily some athletes will abandon the people that have supported them over the years, instead of looking for ways to help make their franchise better.

There actually could have been a feel good story surrounding the burning of jerseys. The fact that Giannis has fervently called the Milwaukee area his home. That speaks volumes for both him, and the people of the area. A completely different image than what the press often likes to point out. When a player feels like he does, about an area, and the people, it's like a breath of fresh air in today's society where, "It's all about me!," seems to be the norm.

I'm not saying we can get all gushy about it, but it felt good knowing we weren't looking at another Lew Alcindor situation like we did, nearly 50 years ago. We have that mega-star who said this is where he wants to be.

The burning of jerseys comes from fans, frustrated by how easily some athletes will abandon the people that have supported them over the years, instead of looking for ways to help make their franchise better.
Could have been yes but not once mention in the story of how he loves Milwaukee and how he has embraced the city, hell post his Instagram feed like others did.... nice small market story. I not going to go down the Fox News political rabbit hole on this thread

Good thing Giannis got his deal I heard that his girlfriend said that baby #2 is on the way need to pay for that extra mouth to feed. LOL

Good thing Giannis got his deal I heard that his girlfriend said that baby #2 is on the way need to pay for that extra mouth to feed. LOL
Yeah I’m sure his accountant is sweating it

Back