Lifetime Member
Founder
Reaction score
QB-3- Rodgers, Boyle, Love
RB-5- Jones, Williams, Dillon, Lovett, Ervin
TE-4- Tonyan, Sternberger, Lewis, Deguarra
WR-5- Adams, Lazard, MVS, EQSBrown, Begelton
OL-9- Bak, Jenkins, Linsey, Taylor, Turner, Wagner, Runyan, Patrick, Hansen

DL-5-Clark, Lowrey, Kingsley, Lancaster, Previlon?? (else)
ILB-4- Kirksey, Martin, Burks, Summers
OLB-5- Z, Preston, Gary, Garvin, Williams
CB-6- Alexander, King, Sullivan, Jackson, Hollman, Sunderland
S-4- Savage, Amos, Greene, Scott

Crosby, Scott, Bradley

This roster is overall more set than previous years. There will be a few surprises I'm sure, and a couple spots could go different.

The practice squad is 16 players this year, Not even going to try to figure that one out.

The expanded PS means cuts will be fairly straightforward in many cases -- there aren't many starting spots open, and they only need to go from 80 players down to 69.
Most teams will likely keep their own players because there was so little camp time, and no preseason games to scout either.

QB-3- Rodgers, Boyle, Love
RB-5- Jones, Williams, Dillon, Lovett, Ervin
TE-4- Tonyan, Sternberger, Lewis, Deguarra
WR-5- Adams, Lazard, MVS, EQSBrown, Begelton
OL-9- Bak, Jenkins, Linsey, Taylor, Turner, Wagner, Runyan, Patrick, Hansen

DL-5-Clark, Lowrey, Kingsley, Lancaster, Previlon?? (else)
ILB-4- Kirksey, Martin, Burks, Summers
OLB-5- Z, Preston, Gary, Garvin, Williams
CB-6- Alexander, King, Sullivan, Jackson, Hollman, Sunderland
S-4- Savage, Amos, Greene, Scott

Crosby, Scott, Bradley

This roster is overall more set than previous years. There will be a few surprises I'm sure, and a couple spots could go different.

The practice squad is 16 players this year, Not even going to try to figure that one out.
The only changes I might suggest would be Hester in place of Previlon. But it’s a 50/50 for those two.
And Malik Turner for Begelton, but that also as a 50/50 prospect

QB-Rodgers, Boyle, Love
RB-Jones, Williams, Dillon, Ervin
FB-Lovitt
TE- Sternberger, Lewis, Tonyan, Deguara
WR-Adams, Lazard, MVS, St. Brown, Begelton
OL-Bakhtiari, Jenkins, Linsley, Taylor, Wagner, Turner, Patrick, Runyan, Hanson, Light
DL-Clark, Lowry, Lancaster, Adams, Kingsley, Garvin
ILB-Kirksey, Martin, Burks, Summers
OLB-P Smith, Z Smith, Gary, Williams
CB-Alexander, King, Jackson, Hollman, Sullivan
S-Amos, Savage, Greene, Scott
LS-Bradley
P-Scott
K-Crosby

IR-Stepaniak, Ento, Bolton, Roberts, P Taylor

Last edited:
Garvin's more of an edge isn't he? I like him, but he's raw. Stash him if possible. Keep Hester on DL.

not only has the ps been increased to 16 players for 2020, but there are several other significant changes made to ps rules.

stole the following from buffalorumblings.com

Perhaps the largest change we will see is the time frame for which players can be elevated to the active roster. Previously, if you were going to move a player from the practice squad to the active roster, you had to do it by the Saturday before a Sunday game. Now that deadline has been extended to the inactive roster submission 90 minutes before the start of a game.

This change is to protect teams in the event they receive a batch of COVID-19 test results on Sunday morning that include a positive player. Now they can place that player on the Reserve/COVID-19 list and immediately call up a player from the practice squad.

Practice squads were expanded to 16 players and six of those players have no limit on the number of accrued NFL seasons. In 2020, the practice squad won’t just be young guys looking for a break. Veterans can be stashed there. This keeps the players in your building AND in your testing protocol in case they need to play that weekend.

Along with the changes, four players can be protected at 4 PM Eastern on Tuesday through the end of your game that weekend. That keeps 57 players at minimum for you to work with between your 53-man roster and four-man protected practice squad. Once the game is over, those four protected players are unprotected until Tuesday.

As Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Beane explained on Sunday, it’s going to be difficult to sign guys off other teams’ practice squads and expect them to play that week because of the testing protocols. A team’s practice squad is going to be so much more important in 2020.

Here is what I think could look like the PS/Covid reserve roster

D. Williams, Shepard, Kumerow, Nijman, Hester, R Ramsey, K Barnes, D Scott, Remond, Black, Sunderland

Take another 5 off other teams cutdowns.

This is going to be a difficult season from the stand point of a rookie. No game experience whatsoever going in, so no way to actually show what you've got. It's going to be interesting seeing how the Packers work their 16 player stash. If I read it correctly, there can never be more than 6 vets on that list? If that's true, it's going to not only take some jockeying of the roster every week, it's going to include making sure you don't violate that rule.

This is going to be a difficult season from the stand point of a rookie. No game experience whatsoever going in, so no way to actually show what you've got. It's going to be interesting seeing how the Packers work their 16 player stash. If I read it correctly, there can never be more than 6 vets on that list? If that's true, it's going to not only take some jockeying of the roster every week, it's going to include making sure you don't violate that rule.
Right now you rule was 10 people with no more then I think 2-3 years of accrued service to be on a PS. So they pretty much are keeping that rule along with adding 6 vets to it.

2 names coming up as cuts are ILB Burks and OT Wagner. With Taylor performing so we'll the LOT is Wagner gets cut for cap reasons and he only plays T.

iLB Martin has been a big surprise in camp that the Pack rolled the dice on.

The WR group is a hard read. Today (Sunday) is suppose to be close as they can get to game type action and final evals for making team and cuts will be figured out as all hands on deck watching players and taping.

Back