Favre: Rodgers-Packers Relationship Could Turn Ugly

Disclaimer: I don’t think Rodgers has multiple pick value

I think it’s 60%+ he walks away from the game in 2 years. Football is not life to him at this point

If he gets traded it’s to SF. The issue will be can they take on his salary. And just from a pure financial perspective for GB that’s 2 more years. They can make it work after 1 but will 12 adjust his deal. And if SF wins this year with Jimmy G that closes that door
Agree you are not going to get multiple picks for a QB who will be 37 or 38 years old when you trade him I think at best you get one 2nd round for him and might not even get that might get a 3rd round for him.

Here's how I see things playing out. THIS IS JUST A GUESS EVERYONE! NOT FACTS, NOT BASED ON ANYTHING! JUST SEEING WHAT I DO SEE OUT THERE!

Rodgers plays the 2020 season with Green Bay. Assuming there is a season. They rework his contract with him that gives him an out through a trade. A deal is worked out with the Las Vegas Raiders, or San Francisco 49ers (don't get hung up on Garoppolo), for a ton of picks. The deal is done, and in 2021, Love is our QB, win, lose, draw. I believe the Packers would choose the Raiders over the 49ers for draft position, while Rodgers would chose SF over LV.

Kind of simple, but also very possible. Understand, it's a business, and even if Rodgers does have a few years left in the tank, he's not the guy that our coaching staff chose themselves, to run the team. It's that old motto that a new broom sweeps clean.

Without arguing, let's hear other ideas as to where this is going. We've got a lot of time to throw out what ifs, as long as they make some sort of sense.

I could see him accepting a trade to Las Vegas. Allows him to keep living the A list celeb lifestyle. And I still think people are misinterpreting Arods lack of interest in GB to a lack of interest in football. Believe it or not GB isn't where everyone wants to be.

Arod goes to a place like LV and they will build the offense around him and probably gives him more control he wants with play calls etc ..

If the new GB regime doesn't play the type of ball Arod wants or has any interest in then let him go. You won't get a lot of picks for him but even an extra second round pick is pretty valuable.

And like him or not Favre had a point. Love wasn't someone who at one time was talked about as top 5 pick who happened to fall to 26 like Arod. GB moved up to take a guy who might have even fallen to the second round as their chosen QB...

So I think the bridge is clearly burning. Just a question of if both sides will part somewhat amicably or if one side or the other tries to be Petty and vindictive.

Why would Shanahan want Rodgers in SF?
Team is built to win now. Garroppolo’s contract does not handcuff them and if they don’t win with him now you have to think they make a drastic move

Why would Shanahan want Rodgers in SF?
I could see a trade for Garrapolo and some picks. Dude has veteran experience but he's not exactly a pro bowler.

We get a game manager who can run the offense until Love is ready, they get Aaron.

Then again the Raiders are an AFC team, so we would be less likely to go head to head.

I could see a trade for Garrapolo and some picks. Dude has veteran experience but he's not exactly a pro bowler.

We get a game manager who can run the offense until Love is ready, they get Aaron.

Then again the Raiders are an AFC team, so we would be less likely to go head to head.
We are not trading for Garrapolo. Makes zero sense on multiple levels

Packers would not want Garrapolo or that contract Love is future of this team GB would not want a QB back.

Team is built to win now. Garroppolo’s contract does not handcuff them and if they don’t win with him now you have to think they make a drastic move

I get why he’d want Brady or even Ryan or someone like that, but why would he want Rodgers? He calls a run and Rodgers runs the scramble drill. Seems like it would drive him nuts.

I get why he’d want Brady or even Ryan or someone like that, but why would he want Rodgers? He calls a run and Rodgers runs the scramble drill. Seems like it would drive him nuts.
I get that but I think part of the issue with Rodgers is his attitude with the organization and GB. He would be back home in his comfort zone. Just a thought

His comfort zone is 11 personnel and no huddle. I don’t see it as a good match but I certainly see why it would appeal to him.

Back