Favre: Rodgers-Packers Relationship Could Turn Ugly

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
usatsi_13934055.jpg

Aaron Rodgers has “every right to be disappointed” about the decision to select Jordan Love, Brett Favre said on Wednesday.

Continue reading...

I never thought Rodgers was going to "ride into the sunset" from GB. He A. Gets traded or B. Retires and walks away completely and does so earlier than anyone thinks.
To me he plays 2 more years in GB and either he gets traded to a team he wants or he says nope will refuse to go there and retire if they try to trade him to a team he does not want to go to

To me he plays 2 more years in GB and either he gets traded to a team he wants or he says nope will refuse to go there and retire if they try to trade him to a team he does not want to go to
Don't bet against Aaron walking away early. He's bored with FB. GB is cold and he's not into the culture at all. He could sell out some investments and do okay in hollywood and maybe TV.

Don't bet against Aaron walking away early. He's bored with FB. GB is cold and he's not into the culture at all. He could sell out some investments and do okay in hollywood and maybe TV.
He could also be happy being Mr. Danica Patrick too. :)

Last edited:
The enormous contract he demanded from the team no longer functions as leverage over the team. It functions to prevent him from leaving.

I don't think Arod is bored with football. But he clearly has no trust or belief in the Green Bay Packers anymore. I think he plays again after his time in GB is up. If for no other reason than to let his ego say "See GB it wasn't me that was the issue".

But GBP is right in that if he gets traded to another team he doesn't like he will retire.

Problem for GB is that despite drafting Love if they want to win they still need Arod for at least 2, probably more like 3, years. The question really is do they want to win now? I can't say they do considering they didn't help the DEF at all.

The enormous contract he demanded from the team no longer functions as leverage over the team. It functions to prevent him from leaving.
No it does not. Do you understand the cap and how it works? Asking for a friend. And demanded what ? He had no leverage.

Last edited:
Just for the hell of it:
Aaron Rodgers plays out 2020 in GB. He then agrees to push back his $6.8M 2021 roster bonus payment date to the summer, allowing the Packers to trade him Post June 1st, which means $14.3M of 2021 dead cap ($22M saved), & $17.2M of 2022 dead cap.

I'm assuming that if Rodgers did allow major changes to his contract, so a trade could be made, he'd want to end up with a West Coast team? Who's out there, that would be interested, and he would be interested in playing for? Las Vegas? Chargers? Cardinals?

I think the best thing to do is watch what plays out over the next several months and enjoy it. It's going to unfold in front of us and we'll know where this is heading. Heck! We don't even know if Love is good enough to be the next Packer QB.

Back