Ex-Packers coach Mike McCarthy eyes NFL return in 2020

Another McCarthy article (Peter King):

He's really going to be a guy teams take a hard look at.

He's even starting to put his staff together for his next gig. I think he gets another shot in 2020. He's not a bad coach, just ended up being lulled into a sense of false security as the team eroded around the edges. Not a lot of help from the front office at that point, and in the end, he started sleep walking through the seasons.

Simply he was burned out and his brothers death was a factor. He gets a gig in 2020
Yeah, I could see how a "sabbatical" would do wonders for him. MM really needed a break, tho he'll never admit to it. I could see him being successfully again, and I hope it's in the AFC...

He's really going to be a guy teams take a hard look at.

That was another good article. He definitely will get a look this offseason. I think he's doing what he needs to do to evolve. Hope he gets another gig.

Last edited:
Yeah, I could see how a "sabbatical" would do wonders for him. MM really needed a break, tho he'll never admit to it. I could see him being successfully again, and I hope it's in the AFC...

Not a bad gig to stay home, watch the kids play sports, strategize your next move with like minded people, and still get paid by your former employer.

Sign me up!

Back