Endarounds Packer Mock Draft

endaround

Reaction score
Give this a shot

Round 1: Cody Whitehair OG Kansas St. 6-4 301 lbs
This isn't going to be a sexy pick, however if he falls to us at 27 I have a hard time believing TT would pass on him. Whitehair played LT at Kansas St. but will slide inside in the NFL due to his size. Both Lang and Sitton are getting up there in age and both will be free agents after this coming season. Last season we saw how important it was have quality depth on the offensive line. Whitehair comes in and becomes "6th" offensive lineman for 2016 and then takes one of the guard spots in 2017. I've seen Zach Martin comparisons but as far as what we have he reminds me a lot of TJ Lang.

Round 2: Kentrell Brothers, ILB Missour 6'0" - 238 - rSr
His scouting report says it all and why they grab him :
Processes action quickly with above average instincts for the position. Smart pre-snap, recognizing formations and anticipating play calls. Reliable play speed and quick to work through the trash.
Excellent at coming to balance on the move and breaking down to be a dependable open-field tackler. Finds that balance between patience, aggressiveness and staying alert. Physical player and uses his aggressive hands to stack-and-shed. Lateral agility as a blitzer.
Impact player on special teams coverages - three blocked kicks in 2015. Excellent timing with a knack for the big play with five interceptions and four forced fumbles over his career. Durable and tough, playing through pain - started 40 straight games over the past three seasons. Highly productive with 120-plus tackles each of the past two years, leading the nation in tackles per game (12.7) in 2015.

Round 3: Shon Coleman OT Auburn 6-5 307 lbs

Another pick to shore up the offensive line. Coleman has been through a lot of adversity during his college career. He missed the first two seasons of college while fighting cancer. Since beating cancer he has been the starting LT for Auburn. Coleman is raw, and he will be old for a rookie but he has a lot of potential upside. He has great length that he uses to redirect pass rushers and he uses his hands well. GB can't go into this year without a decent 3rd OT. Fixed

Round 4:Javon Hargrave, DT South Carolina State 6'1" - 298 - Sr

GB still needs depth at DT. Here is his scouting report :
It often takes something special to get on the NFL radar when playing at the FCS level, and Hargrave did just that when he racked up six sacks in a victory over Bethune-Cookman in a 2014 game.
He considered leaving school early for the 2015 NFL Draft, but ultimately returned to help improve his stock. Even with being the focus of every opponents' game plan, Hargrave built on his breakout junior season with 59 tackles, 22 tackles for loss and 13.5 sacks as a senior, along with 11 quarterback hits. Along with a host of awards, it earned Hargrave an invitation to the Shrine Game, where he continually stood out against FBS prospects. Launches himself out of his stance with terrific initial quickness to break up the rhythm of blockers. He is stout at the point of attack with strong hands to lock out and control blocks. When he wins off the snap, he's able to disrupt the pocket's rhythm.
Moves very well for a 315-pounder due to his flexible lower body to easily change directions in space and play low to the ground to get underneath blocks. He has a thick lower body with wide hips and meaty thighs, showing the ability to anchor at the point of attack and occupy multiple blockers.

Round 4 Comp pick A :
Tyler Higbee TE Western Kentucky 6-6 249 lbs

Tight end has been a need ever since we lost Finley. Richard Rodgers has shown that he is best suited as a #2 and we are still missing someone who can stretch the field at the position. Higbee may be that guy. He has good hands and acceleration. He was recruited as a wide receiver and is still learning the tight end position. The only thing I wasn't to thrilled with was his blocking. He needs to get stronger and improve his technique. Once he does that I think he can be a good starter in the NFL.

Round 4 Pick B :
James Bradberry, CB/S, Samford 6-0. 211

A known GB target and a position of need.
He has a great skill set with size and speed. The senior recorded 45 tackles with 11 passes broken up and two interceptions in 2015. He had two interceptions in his junior, sophomore and freshman years. Projects more at Safety but he can come in Day 1 and play nickel/dime and ST.

Round 5 :
Victor Ochi, 3-4OLB, Stony Brook 6'2 245
TT knows he has to replace a few OLB and Ochi is moving up the charts. Gives Capers a long lean pass rusher with a killer first step. Needs a year in the system but has huge potential.

Round 6 :
Chris Moore, WR, Cincinnati 6'1 206
Solid but not flashy prospect. He produces even with poor QB play while not a speed WR he quietly catch's everything thrown his way. Wouldn't that be nice in Green Bay for a change ?

Round 7 : Keith Marshall 5’11 219lbs RB Georgia
Marshall had an up and down career due to injury. As a freshman he was very good as Gurley’s alternate. He looked primed to be another good Georgia back to come out. Then he tore an ACL and got lost in the shuffle with other talented backs. The combine set him up for a higher draft pick, but he has his shortcomings. Marshall provides the speed/scat type back we don’t have.

Just a shot at it but my take at this years draft

Ted seems to like his guards in the mid-rounds, he's had a lot of recent luck there in the 4th. I think we seem him go to the well around the same time again this year, especially with 3 picks in the 4th. Not to say he wouldn't take a guard in the 1st because he did take Steve Hutchinson back in the day, but I think he goes elsewhere this year.

Ted surprised a lot of folks last year taking 2 CBs high so he might take 2 O linemen 1 + 2 but with Raji's hiatus and this being a very good DL class I wonder... sh))

A lot of my faves in there... Hargrave, Higbee and Ochi, so I'm obviously going to like this mock. I also like Coleman in the 3rd and wouldn't complain about Brothers in the 2nd.

The only issue I have is with Whitehair in the first. Not that it is a bad pick, but it just doesn't fit TT's MO. As rpiotr01 mentioned, TT tends to get his interior OL in the middle of the draft.

But overall, I'd be very happy with this draft!

Back