Dubz 2.0

Dubz41

Reaction score
Hard one to predict. The first domino will depend on who might slide to us. I see three positions in play for the 27th pick; OT, DT and LB. Will Conklin or Decker fall to us? Hope so but probably not. Andrew Billings? Sounds like he won’t get by Pittsburgh. Ragland? Everyone says no, but I got a feeling he just might. This mock won’t guess who will fall, I’m reasonably sure these guys should be there when we pick. Here goes:

Rd 1- OT Jason Spriggs 6’6” 305. Former TE with nice athleticism. Battle tested in the Big Ten. Really solidifies the OL. He may not see the field until injuries come, and they will come.

Rd 2- DL Chris Jones 6’6” 310. Versatile. Could play inside or DE. Productive SEC performer. Any other year he would be considered in the first round.

Rd 3- ILB Tyler Matakevich 6’0” 238. The Temple Tackling machine. Isn’t near the top in any of the individual measurements, but is an instinctive football player. Will always get his best.

Rd 4- TE Tyler Higbee 6”5” 250. Good receiving TE with try hard attitude in blocking. Injuries are his biggest question mark. Hopefully adds that seam dimension DickRod doesn’t have.

Rd4 Comp- CB Rashard Robinson 6’1” 175. Quick twitch athlete who can smother man to man. Some red flags off the field, but a very good corner. Will need to fill out a little. Talented.

Rd4 Comp- RB Keith Marshall 5’11” 219. Higher than I wanted to take him, but after the combine and his pro day he is climbing the boards. Highly recruited but got stuck behind some real good RBs at Georgia (Gurley). Great speed/size combo. Lightening to Eddie’s Thunder.

Rd 5- OLB Dadi Nicolas 6’3” 235. Another climber with a great pro day showing. DE in college, but looked very smooth dropping into coverage at pro day. Believe TT was in his ear.

Rd 6- WR Demarcus Robinson 6’1” 205. Shows some #1 traits. Possible head case. Multiple problems in college. Talented. Green Bay would be a good place for him to learn on and off the field.

Rd 7- OL Caleb Benenoch 6’5” 310. I like him, but he is all over in the ratings. Anywhere from 4th to UDFA. Moves good. Played T at UCLA. Probably a PS guy for us.

I wouldn't complain about Spriggs at #27. Not the direction that I'd go, but I see the value.

Jones could be a stud. Good value at the end of the second round.

I'm not on the Matakevich bandwagon, at least not that early. But the position is a big need.

Like Higbee a lot. I suspect he'll be gone by then. I base this on the fact that we took Rodgers in the 3rd round and he was projected as 5-7 round before the draft.

The other picks round out what we need for depth.

I really like the 2nd and 4th picks, and like most of the rest. Although I wouldn't draft Robinson at all. UDFA would be all that I'd go for him. Well done! Nice to see another mock.

DickRod was the 6th TE taken in 2014. 98th overall in a top heavy TE draft. I have a feeling with the way teams are going to spread variations, lack of talent at TE in this draft AND the glut of good DL, Higbee could easily be available in the 4th. If he's not, then I wait another round or two and take the Harvard or Montana TE.
Matakevich won't jump out at you, but he is relentless and I think he's better than Barrington. With improved DL play he could work out.

I know Robinson is probably not on TTs board, but the kid can play. Maybe 4th-5th string will humble him and help in his maturing.

My Ragland scenario is: ILB, DT, TE (Hooper), OL(Haeg, Beavers)
Billings scenario: DT, ILB (Brothers) TE, OL

I can't wait to see the reaction on every Packers' forum if Ragland is available at #27 and we pick someone else.

Back