Did we give up World Series chances?

BratsnBeers

Reaction score
By trading Josh Hader did we give up our World Series chances? If what Stearns got in return for Josh can't achieve what Josh did, and they must very soon, the rest of the team will lose trust in them and then the any chance at the series is gone. Pittsburgh losses have spooked the team. Two of those games would have been wins had Hader still been on the team. Bush is a bust and where is Rodgers? He pitched one decent inning but that inning showed he does not have the elite stuff Hader has. Now, that all puts extra pressure on Williams, Boxberger, and Rodgers to perform at their highest level.

This may includer Suder as well. With Hader players knew if they had a lead going into the 7th, they had at least a 90% chance to win. Now that's all gone. Stearns move looks like it's not only a bust from a team disposition but also from a chance at the big one. The big question also remains, what message did this send to guys like Woody, Burns, Peralta and Burns? If you're too successful will you be traded because the executives don't want to pay you? So, what's my motivation now? Counsel and the execs better address very soon.

If the team mood and play against the Reds continues like it did against the lowly Pirates, chances at the big one may really be gone. The team guys wanted Josh with them in the big hunt, but now he's gone. Stearns didn't consider alot of things. People like me paid to see Hader time. Who will pay to see Rodgers? Nobody. Stearns traded an elite shining diamond and got a bag of rough cut pebbles

I think Brewers were not going to WS no matter if they kept Hader. They have lacked any quality hitting all year. Last few years they have got to the playoffs and lack of hitting has got them a ticket home.

Back