David Bakhtiari signs 4 year deal with Packers

GBP4EVER

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
2022 Draft Guru
Reaction score
Packers agreed to terms with LT David Bakhtiari on a 4-year extension worth up to $51.67M. New money avgs is $12M per year.

More info

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...tiari-agrees-4-year-5167m-extension/90297820/

According to the source, Bakhtiari, a fourth-round pick in 2013, will receive roughly $17 million in guaranteed money at the time of signing and then earn an additional $10.7M in March roster bonuses and workout pay. While the $10.7 million isn't fully guaranteed, it's unlikely the Packers will cut him in the next seven months, so he's almost guaranteed to receive it

Tauscher just said on the radio that that's a good price for a starting OL who's been as consistent as Bakhtiari has been.

I think its high, as I wouldn't consider him one of the top 5 offensive linemen in the league, but by next year or the one after it probably wont seem so bad.

That's just what a left tackle gets paid these days.

It's market for a LT, especially going forward. It's in the same range as Tyron Smith, Eric Fisher and Cordy Glenn - so yeah, weird stuff going on with LT salaries but is what it is. Glad to have him, I think he's still improving.

So my assumption is that Spriggs will be taking over for Bulaga at RT in the next year or two.

If we lock up Tretter then we have good depth in that he can play guard, tackle, or center. We also have Murphy if he continues to improve at tackle. Let's hope Taylor is our LG of the future.

We could be set at OL for a while.

Back