Danno's Mock V-1.0

dannobanano

Reaction score
1/27/18
OverTheCap has GB projected to receive 4 compensatory picks. [ 3rd round (1). 5th round (3)]

Hoped for Free Agent releases/restructures/signings:
Released: Randall Cobb (save $9.5M)
Restructured: Jordy Nelson/extend (save $5M), Clay Matthews/extend (save $4M)
Signings: Davon House[GB] (CB), Trey Burton[Philly] (TE), Zach Brown[WASH] (ILB)

2018 Packer draft Version 1.0

1st Round: Josh Jackson; CB; Iowa (Possibly the best CB in the draft)
2nd Round: Lorenzo Carter; OLB; Georgia (Reminds me of Bears Leonard Floyd)
3rd Round: Royce Freeman; RB; Oregon (JMHO, but RB position still needs a big back that's a home run threat. At 230LBs, Freeman fills the bill size-wise and can carry the rock as well as be a dangerous receiver)
3rd Round: (comp) Hercules Mata'afa; OLB; Washington St (Need more quality depth at pass rusher........bye bye Fackrell)
4th Round: Dalton Schultz; TE; Stanford (Finally a dual blocking/receiving TE)
5th Round: Jake Weineke; WR; South Dakota St. (Have read where people compare him to Eric Decker)
5th Round: (comp) Kurt Benkert; QB; UVA (Showed well at Senoir Bowl today)
5th Round: (comp) Greg Senat; OT; Wagner (Small school sleeper)
5th Round: (comp) Skyler Phillips; OG; Idaho St. (Another small school sleeper)
6th Round: Jack Cichy; ILB; U-Wis (Past injury is a concern, but if he's healthy he will be a nice fit in the middle..........has the player attitude that Pettine covets)
7th Round: Ray Ray McCloud; WR/KR; Clemson (Has played CB-WR-PR for Clemson. Kind of a jack of all trades)

Danno what will you do with Richard Rodgers, TE, I assume you did not resign him. I like the draft better knowing he is back, if he is not back then I would double dip at TE in this draft. Like the Trey and Dalton pick ups. Just want some depth at that position.

Danno what will you do with Richard Rodgers, TE, I assume you did not resign him. I like the draft better knowing he is back, if he is not back then I would double dip at TE in this draft. Like the Trey and Dalton pick ups. Just want some depth at that position.

I guess it depends on (1) Does he fit in their (Philbin's) plans going forward?, and (2) What would it cost to keep him as a FA?

Currently the Packers have Lance Kendricks, Emanuel Byrd, and Robert Tonyan on the roster at TE

At Marshall (2016), Byrd (6-3/240) played QB before becoming a TE where he had 37 receptions, 632 yards, and 5 TD's. He runs a 4.66 "40".

Tonyan (6-5/237), has also converted from former positions (first QB, then WR for 3 yrs) to TE. He has dynamic athleticism. He posted a 4.58 "40" and a 35" vertical in pre-draft testing. He's still very raw at the position, but his physical skills make him intriguing.

I guess having 3 "in house" TE's and bringing in 2 more via FA and draft, made me think that Rodgers was an after-thought. I mean, he only had 12 catches for 160 yds and 1 TD this last year. That production isn't hard to replace.

Back