Danno's 3rd Mock with Free Agency

dannobanano

Reaction score
Free Agency:
RT Bobbie Massie
S Tyrann Mathieu
TE Jesse James
WR Golden Tate

1-a (trade #12 to Pitt. Get #20 and # 52)
#20 Zach Allen/3-4 DE/Boston College

1-b (trade #32 to JAX. Get #38 and #102)
2-a #38 Jaylon Ferguson/ 3-4 OLB/Louisiana Tech

2-b #44 Chris Lindstrom/G/Boston College

2-c #52 Andre Dillard/OT/Washington St

3 #75 Tre Lamar/ILB/Clemson

4-a #102 Joe Jackson/3-4 OLB/Miami

4-b #107 Dontavious Russell/DT/Auburn

4-c #111 Alex Bars/OG-OT/Notre Dame

5 #139 Darrell Henderson/RB/Memphis

6-a #171 Josh Oliver/TE/San Jose St

6-b #179 Mark Fields/CB/Clemson

7 #202 Justin Clifton/S/Arkansas St

Like the trade downs (if all the edges are gone). Like the first four picks. With that kind of draft capital spent up front on both lines though, I would have like to see more attention to TE/WR/S.

First 2 picks no thanks. Both are just guys imo. Allen wouldn't beat out mean dean and furg is a lesser perry

After that you killed it. Oliver is going higher but i like the prospects.

Nice work

Like the trade downs (if all the edges are gone). Like the first four picks. With that kind of draft capital spent up front on both lines though, I would have like to see more attention to TE/WR/S.

it looks like he addressed those in free agency.

it looks like he addressed those in free agency.
Yes, I saw that, but I'm not that high on Jesse James or Golden Tate (I've hated Tate ever since the Fail Mary). Honey Badger wants to stay in Houston. Hoping for more youthful infusion of talent in those positions to develop.

Yes, I saw that, but I'm not that high on Jesse James or Golden Tate (I've hated Tate ever since the Fail Mary). Honey Badger wants to stay in Houston. Hoping for more youthful infusion of talent in those positions to develop.

every green bay fan hates that play (the fail mary). but i see that more as a reason to hate the ref than to hate the player that benefited from the bad call. i'm in agreement on jesse james. but i think we have to realize that in 90% of free agent acquisitions, you're making a trade-off. on the one hand you usually know exactly what you're getting (as opposed to a draft pick). on the other hand you usually know exactly what you're not getting. we clearly can't address every weakness on our roster through the draft. we will need to bring in some second and third tier players through free agency to shore up the weak spots until we can find someone better.

Im not the biggest tate fan either but hes a good player and a huge upgrade to cobb. We would be a nice slot option

every green bay fan hates that play (the fail mary). but i see that more as a reason to hate the ref than to hate the player that benefited from the bad call. i'm in agreement on jesse james. but i think we have to realize that in 90% of free agent acquisitions, you're making a trade-off. on the one hand you usually know exactly what you're getting (as opposed to a draft pick). on the other hand you usually know exactly what you're not getting. we clearly can't address every weakness on our roster through the draft. we will need to bring in some second and third tier players through free agency to shore up the weak spots until we can find someone better.

Well stated rb!

I'm giving this one more go around before the Combine.
Some thoughts remain the same. Others change significantly.

Cuts:
Tramon Williams - $4.75M
Mike Daniels - $8.3M

UFA's signed:
OLB - Preston Smith (WASH)
OLB - Shaquil Barrett (DEN)
S - Adrian Amos (CHI)
RB - Mike Davis (SEA)
CB - Bashaud Breeland (GB)

1a (#12) TJ Hockenson/TE/Iowa
1b (#30) [ Trade] DEN/#30 & #171 6th rnd; GB #41 and #71.
2a (#41) [From DEN] Juan Thornhill/S/UVA
2b (#44) Chris Lindstrom/G/Boston College
3a (#71) [From DEN] Tre Lamar/ILB/Clemson
3b (#75) Khalen Saunders/NT-DT/Western Illinois
4a (#107) Joe Jackson/Edge-OLB/Miami
4b (#111) Darrell Henderson/RB/Memphis
5 (#139) Tytus Howard/OT/Alabama St
6a (#171) Traded to DEN
6b (#180) Mecole Hardman/WR-KR/Georgia
7 (#202) Olisaemeka Udoh/OT/Elon

Back