Corey Clement has game plan for his future at UW

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
487057764-150x150.jpg

This was supposed to Corey Clement’s final platform for the NFL. He’d put up the numbers to make NFL GM’s to take notice in his first two years as a member of the Wisconsin Badgers. All that was left to do was show what he could do as “the man” in the UW backfield.

Instead, Clement suffered what was thought to be a groin injury late in fall camp and was not 100 percent heading in to the opener against Alabama in Dallas, Texas. He got just eight carries and in subsequent weeks found out the groin injury was actually a sports hernia.

Since then, Clement had surgery and has appeared in a limited role in just two more games.

What was once a clear path to the NFL after this season isn’t so clear anymore. Well, at least from the outside looking in that is.

That’s because Clement knows exactly what he’s going to do, per our recruiting partners at Badger247.

He spoke to the media after practice on Tuesday, and gave his game plan for making a decision on his future.

“We’ll have to see how the year plays out, but right now, I think 100 percent still coming back,” Clement told reporters following Tuesday’s practice.

However, the junior will at least submit his paperwork to be evaluated and graded out by the NFL scouting service. Depending on that news he’ll have a decision made for him.

“Third round, I’ll stay for sure,” he said, per Badger247. “Third round, I think is selling yourself short. First or second, that really doesn’t come too often.

“You have to have confidence — even if — just know you can make it (to the NFL) at any time.”

Clement’s words speak volumes, as he seems to be holding out hope that a high grade can come in but is also realistic that this past season may see teams lean away from him.

A fully healthy final season with a much more experienced offensive line in front of him may actually be the best option for the New Jersey native. With running backs becoming a dime-a-dozen in the NFL these days, waiting to showcase himself in a backfield that’s been wholly unimpressive thus far seems to be the wise choice.

Then again, would anyone blame him for passing up the kind of money a first or second round draft status would give him?

The post Corey Clement has game plan for his future at UW appeared first on Madtown Badgers.

Continue reading...

I think he can rest assured that he's not getting a first or second round grade from anybody.

Back