Conor Sheehy signs with Packers

TW

Reaction score
I realize Conor is pretty much camp fodder, but that could change. He's a big kid who can push past offensive linemen, and proved it in Big 10 play. If he doesn't make the 53 man roster, I think he has a shot at the practice squad, and a chance to turn himself into a leaner, stronger, and quicker pass rusher, who could be a decent rotational player in the future.

I'm glad the Packers signed him. I think bringing in Badger players is a good idea. Not just because they play in Wisconsin and/or are from Wisconsin, but because they're well coached, and if you look around the league, a lot of them stick, when grabbed as draft picks or free agents.

You hate to lose home grown talent, because it plays so well to home crowds.

I really like them signing Sheehy!

You think this kid isn't going to play motivated out of his mind?!

I really like them signing Sheehy!

You think this kid isn't going to play motivated out of his mind?!

I think he will play like any UDFA knowing odds are stacked against him and he's going to have to have a great camp and a little luck to make the team.

Not sure if there will be a roster spot for him, but he's the kind of guy who could make enough of an impression to grab a PS spot.

Not sure if there will be a roster spot for him, but he's the kind of guy who could make enough of an impression to grab a PS spot.

That makes sense to me. Let him get "NFL strength" and experience for a year on the PS. Tyler Lancaster is another one they need to keep/stash, and I'm intriqued by Filipo Mokofisi as well.

They need some good young depth on the PS with Wilkerson on maybe a 1 year rental, Daniels turns 29 tomorrow while he, Clark and Lowry all hit FA after 2019. (Although with Clark they can pick up his 5th year option as a 1st rounder)

Back