Combine Thread

Going to spend sometime today catching up on the combine and draft. So far nothing earth shattering

Unfortunately the bad bench press was a harbinger at TE, not the exception.

The fastest TE of all combine ran 4.64?!?!?!? No one else under 4.7!?!?
icon_redface.gif

Heck, Kennard Backman ran 4.66...

Hunter Henry posted no metrics except the horrible bench press. Unclear whether it was the plan (bad plan) or did he get scared by the bench press disappointment. Yahoo Sports has (at the moment) a great 3 second video of his workout - showing only his name on a title screen (I fathom they'll get it fixed). NFL.com had the actual clip of Hunter, with 2 drops in field drills and overall not at all ripped physique: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap3000000639471/Combine-workout-Hunter-Henry

Not NEAR what I wanna see from a supposed 1st round prospect.

Others:

Austin Hooper ran 4.72, average 7.00 3-cone, 19 just reps
icon_mad.gif

Nick Vannett didn't run the 40
icon_mad.gif
, average 7.05 3-cone, mere 17 reps...
Tyler Highbee didn't do anything
icon_mad.gif

Bryce Williams ran a molasses 4.94, slow 7.19 3-cone and just 19 reps.
icon_mad.gif

Jerell Adams ran good 4.64, average 7.05 3-cone, no bench
icon_mad.gif

Ben Braunecker ran 4.72, good 6.90 3-cone, ok 20 reps
icon_confused.gif

Temarrick Hemingway ran 4.71, good 6.88 3-cone, just 19 reps.
icon_neutral.gif

JESUS!!! JUST GIMME ONE TE TO WANT ON MY TEAM!!!

Unfortunately the bad bench press was a harbinger at TE, not the exception.

The fastest TE of all combine ran 4.64?!?!?!? No one else under 4.7!?!?
icon_redface.gif

Heck, Kennard Backman ran 4.66...

Hunter Henry posted no metrics except the horrible bench press. Unclear whether it was the plan (bad plan) or did he get scared by the bench press disappointment. Yahoo Sports has (at the moment) a great 3 second video of his workout - showing only his name on a title screen (I fathom they'll get it fixed). NFL.com had the actual clip of Hunter, with 2 drops in field drills and overall not at all ripped physique: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap3000000639471/Combine-workout-Hunter-Henry

Not NEAR what I wanna see from a supposed 1st round prospect.

Others:

Austin Hooper ran 4.72, average 7.00 3-cone, 19 just reps
icon_mad.gif

Nick Vannett didn't run the 40
icon_mad.gif
, average 7.05 3-cone, mere 17 reps...
Tyler Highbee didn't do anything
icon_mad.gif

Bryce Williams ran a molasses 4.94, slow 7.19 3-cone and just 19 reps.
icon_mad.gif

Jerell Adams ran good 4.64, average 7.05 3-cone, no bench
icon_mad.gif

Ben Braunecker ran 4.72, good 6.90 3-cone, ok 20 reps
icon_confused.gif

Temarrick Hemingway ran 4.71, good 6.88 3-cone, just 19 reps.
icon_neutral.gif

JESUS!!! JUST GIMME ONE TE TO WANT ON MY TEAM!!!
Gronkowski ran a 4.68. Just as a point of comparison

So true. Gotta remind myself how little combine numbers matter.

But it is rare there is NO eye-popper at TE in all of the combine. Not one.

Tried several weeks ago to say there is no real plug and play TE in this draft per say. Honestly outside DL/RB you have to be careful this year after round 3. Just my opinion.

I think there is a misconception TE as an example that every guy drafted is going to be an elite Day 1 starter. Out side of round 1 and sometimes round 2 it's just not happening. Also people get wrapped up in the measurable and times rather then what does player A, do in pads vs real players on film.

The combine isn't as big a measuring stick as the past because of pro days at schools and the advancement of video from the season. I strongly believe most teams boards are set and in place and that right now they are searching for UDFA and zeroing on character concerns and other unmeasurables

Well I'm certainly no draft guru but after watching some of the TEs yesterday I have changed my pick for first round. I was not really impressed with any TE. Think we should go DL or LB.

I'm still not sold on Henry in Rd 1 no matter what he shows in the drills. I like Hooper, but he's a little on the short side of ideal.

so i was watching the video of hunter henry's tight end drills, and it sure looked like hooper is taller than henry, even though the tale of the tape says different.

Back