colt lyerla wants another chance

realitybytes

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/26/lyerla-makes-pitch-to-get-back-in-nfl

ESPN’s Adam Schefter tweeted on Sunday morning the link to a recent item from Tyson Alger of the Oregonian regarding Lyerla’s recent pitch to the NFL via videos posted on Twitter as part of a series he calls “The Resurrection.”
“To the NFL teams out there, obviously there’s been a lot of bad decisions made in the past,” Lyerla says in the video, which also includes clips from a recent workout in which he runs various pass routes. “But like I said the past is the past and it’s going to stay in the past.”

Yeah he got his chance got hurt then got busted for drugs again. Only way he plays football again is to go to the CFL or AFL.

I suppose there's always some team that may take a chance on that kind of talent, but he'd be on a pretty short leash, and I sure as hell hope it isn't Green Bay.

The kid may mean every word he says right now, because he's broke, but the first NFL-sized paycheck he gets is going straight up his nose. He's too stupid to learn.

Still shocked GB to a flyer on him. Don't care if he was drafted or a UDFA. Red flags all around

If he really has turned things around good for him. Not gonna say no just because of the past. If he has his head on straight no harm in a tryout. That doesn't cost anything.

However that video doesn't look promising.. Not catching the ball very cleanly. And he looks slow...

But I agree his best chance is probably CFL. If he can show he's straightened out up there then maybe he gets another shot somewhere..

I'd give him a tryout if I was the GM of a team, and if he looks good, bring him in with no bonus. If he shows he's the best TE on the roster, keep him. If he's nothing more than the #3 guy, see ya. He's only worth the headaches if he's really good. Don't need any potential problems from a 3rd string TE.

Agree, he should probably sell himself to the CFL.

I'd give him a tryout if I was the GM of a team, and if he looks good, bring him in with no bonus. If he shows he's the best TE on the roster, keep him. If he's nothing more than the #3 guy, see ya. He's only worth the headaches if he's really good. Don't need any potential problems from a 3rd string TE.

Agree, he should probably sell himself to the CFL.

This would be a good move on his part. He is still rather young and he can hone his skills up there and then try the NFL again in a couple of years.

I think GB was willing to live with the risk of another DUI. What sent him straight out the door was trying to hurdle our ST leader on family night and giving Bush a dangerous blow to the head with his knee. Just not something you do to a teammate, it's like tackling one of the QBs with the red shirt on.

Back