Cheese Curds, 3/3: Lacy getting in shape; should Packers look to free agency for a tight end?

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
usa-today-8897008.0.jpg

P90X is apparently working for the Green Bay running back, and we find some speculation about players who might help block for him in 2016.

Good news, everyone! Apparently, the message that the Green Bay Packers sent to Eddie Lacy about getting his weight down to a more reasonable level has been received loud and clear - in today's Cheese Curds, we find the first photographic evidence of Lacy's reshaped body, and we'll just say that he is looking good.

Meanwhile, another position on the offense has been debated and discussed to death, but with free agency approaching the discussions continue. Tight end continues to be a big topic, and today's news finds the Chargers' Ladarius Green mentioned as a potential target.

Check out that and much more in today's curds.

Mason Crosby had no desire to test free agency | Packers.com
Crosby said "I couldn't really imagine playing anywhere else," and clearly had no plans to see what sorts of offers other teams would give him. Then again, the Packers paid him handsomely, probably as well as any other team would have if he had chosen to pursue free agency.

Alabama LB Reggie Ragland could be available for Green Bay Packers - ESPN
Todd McShay projects the linebacker to be on the board when the Packers are on the clock with pick 27. If so, it's hard to imagine Ted Thompson passing him up at this point.

Top 6 Bargain Free Agents | Pro Football Focus
Ladarius Green fans will rejoice at his inclusion on this list, as the Chargers tight end has had to play second fiddle to Antonio Gates for his entire career.

Packers should seek tight end on market | Packersnews.com
The discussion continues here, with Green being among several names listed as potential Packers targets - including one (Martellus Bennett) who is still under contract with his old team.

Julius Peppers visits town, plans to stick with Green Bay Packers | Detroit Free Press
Peppers is in Michigan for the NFL Business Academy program and made it very clear: he's coming back for the final season on his three-year deal with the Packers if they do not elect to cut him loose.

Patriots release Brandon LaFell, Scott Chandler - NFL.com
It seems that every year the Patriots lose to a Peyton Manning-led team in the playoffs, they go through a major house-cleaning. This year, it's the offense getting revamped - the receiving corps in general.

Eddie Lacy: P90X Does a Body Good ... Check Out My Slimmed Bod | TMZ.com
Here's some early evidence that Lacy is getting into some seriously good shape already.

Continue reading @http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/ ...

Great news for Lacy and for the Packers. Also, this is the best advertisement P90x could ever get. They should use him in some commercials.

Getting Ladarius Green in free agency and Reggie Ragland in the draft would be a coup!

Getting Ladarius Green in free agency and Reggie Ragland in the draft would be a coup!

I agree. And both are realistic possibilities.

Ragland should be a very good NFL ILB, but I don't see him as a special athlete that should get picked in the top-20 given the relative value of the position. Maybe that will be wrong come the draft, but I think it could very well be a 50:50 chance that he is there when we're on the board.

Great news for Lacy and for the Packers. Also, this is the best advertisement P90x could ever get. They should use him in some commercials.
I think that's why he hit them up. His agent probably connected them.

I think that's why he hit them up. His agent probably connected them.

I read Tony Horton tweeted Lacy and offered his services. Good marketing for his company hey look at what my product did for this famous NFL player.

Last edited:
A lot a smoke on these draft picks coming out, remember everyone is jockeying their guys up and down the board when in reality it won't happen. The report of a OL or DL to me makes sense for Ted who is Mr. Conservative on draft day.

Speaking of which is the first round on at night again this year ?

A lot a smoke on these draft picks coming out, remember everyone is jockeying their guys up and down the board when in reality it won't happen. The report of a OL or DL to me makes sense for Ted who is Mr. Conservative on draft day.

Speaking of which is the first round on at night again this year ?

Yes always will be. Primetime ratings are huge.

I agree. And both are realistic possibilities.

Ragland should be a very good NFL ILB, but I don't see him as a special athlete that should get picked in the top-20 given the relative value of the position. Maybe that will be wrong come the draft, but I think it could very well be a 50:50 chance that he is there when we're on the board.

Ragland is hard to get a read on. Definitely a chance he slips, but in the same breath he could go as high as the Bears at 11. If teams prefer going faster, they might opt for Lee. Depending on team boards, Ragland might be a hard sell as BPA in many cases, especially with so many teams needing OL and DL talent--which this class is loaded with.

I would love to see Ted sign Green and Travathan. Don't know if he could do it...but it would be cool. Then he could grab some of this amazing DL talent in the draft. Now that would be a great off-season! And unrealistic. bh)

Back