Buyer beware?

Dubz41

Reaction score
Interesting article on some of the reservations of acquiring the EDGE candidates in the first round. I'm leaning more than ever toward Derwin James now. Still have a feeling that Arden Key is going to be very good, but he's going to have to fill in the blanks on what happened between his Junior and Senior year. His tape from his Junior year is still awesome and his performance vs Alabama was pretty good this last year.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...t-prospects-scare-you-arden-key-calvin-ridley

Key has way to many red flags on him to be taken at 14. Right now this draft is hard to project with the QB's throwing everything off depending how many go early. Also with pass rushers one day you see a mock having one top 10-15 another mock has him as a second round pick. This draft is a harder one to project were guys will be when Packers pick. Heck there is probably only maybe 7 players or so that you can project will for sure be gone by 14. Out of that you got maybe 3-4 likely gone.

Well, things kind of stalled here right before the combine. Thought a little different perspective sharing might liven it up a little. Some well thought out responses though!?!?;)

Made me laugh out loud.

Every time I look at guys the size of Keys, or some of these top edge rushers this year, I think of Jamal Reynolds. I see so many similarities, and the potential for a total bust.

You need to get guys whose engine runs non-stop, that doesn't know anything but balls out play, on every play.

That's what makes a solid edge rusher. Sometimes we get wrapped up in too much gaudy information, and don't see the truth. This year's crop might not be nearly as good as we want to believe.

Back