Bucks whip Heat in game #3

TW

Reaction score
The Bucks showed their defensive prowess, and their ability to create shots. This was the team I've been waiting to see all year.

If they play as well as they did last night, for 48 minutes, they could win the championship.

Yeah will be interesting do the sweep or does Miami manage to win a game. Though playing the Nets up next won't be easy. Might be harder to beat them then trying to beat Philly

The team / staff made a decision that they needed to tweak the offense and tweak the defense and the regular season was the great experiment. They realized that the only thing that mattered was the playoffs. Hence the inconsistent play. Now we are seeing it pay off.

Couple things are apparent:
- Moving Lopez low gives them a bigger presence low and allows Holiday to create. Took some time for guys to learn this roles but if payed off
- Posting up Giannis instead to him getting stuffed by the wall. It’s difficult to double him low and allow Middleton open looks. During the season spacing was an issue, they figured it out.
- Holiday allows them to switch more on defense. He can effectively guard 4 positions. They still get caught on double hand off but it’s night and day better than 2 months ago.
- The bench is better. Upgrades all over and Tucker is so physically and mentally tough
- The presence of Tucker and Holiday make this team physically and mentally tough. Last year it was soft. Even Portis. The offensive rebounds last night were a clinic. Even Middleton got involved.

I know I’m beating a dead horse but this is why the regular season never concerned me. They treated the regular season as an experiment in many ways knowing playoffs are all that matters. If it failed heads will roll. This team and FO learned a big lesson in the bubble last year and they fixed it. So far.

The team / staff made a decision that they needed to tweak the offense and tweak the defense and the regular season was the great experiment. They realized that the only thing that mattered was the playoffs. Hence the inconsistent play. Now we are seeing it pay off.

Couple things are apparent:
- Moving Lopez low gives them a bigger presence low and allows Holiday to create. Took some time for guys to learn this roles but if payed off
- Posting up Giannis instead to him getting stuffed by the wall. It’s difficult to double him low and allow Middleton open looks. During the season spacing was an issue, they figured it out.
- Holiday allows them to switch more on defense. He can effectively guard 4 positions. They still get caught on double hand off but it’s night and day better than 2 months ago.
- The bench is better. Upgrades all over and Tucker is so physically and mentally tough
- The presence of Tucker and Holiday make this team physically and mentally tough. Last year it was soft. Even Portis. The offensive rebounds last night were a clinic. Even Middleton got involved.

I know I’m beating a dead horse but this is why the regular season never concerned me. They treated the regular season as an experiment in many ways knowing playoffs are all that matters. If it failed heads will roll. This team and FO learned a big lesson in the bubble last year and they fixed it. So far.
i just hope they're not playing their hand too soon. might have been better to unleash against the nets.

i just hope they're not playing their hand too soon. might have been better to unleash against the nets.
It’s the playoffs. Unleash the dogs. They have really been doing the same sets and scheme all season. You could see it the last 2 weeks of the season come together when they went 10-2 I believe. They had some good runs in season but not consistent. 2 new starters and new scheme. It takes time

Main thing I think Coach Bud learned is not to limit Giannis minutes in the playoffs.

Main thing I think Coach Bud learned is not to limit Giannis minutes in the playoffs.
It’s so much more than that. The changes they made on offense and defense are night and day from last year

It’s so much more than that. The changes they made on offense and defense are night and day from last year
Though lets see how these changes do when they face a much better team in the next round. As I said I think the Nets are going to be the hardest to face in the East.

Though lets see how these changes do when they face a much better team in the next round. As I said I think the Nets are going to be the hardest to face in the East.
Who knows. Clearly it’s a much better team than last year both talent wise and mentally. Green out really hurts Brooklyn, assuming he misses time vs Milwaukee

Matchups vs Brooklyn will be interesting. They basically play 1 guard. Vinny D needs to get healthy for that series. Need his size on D

Back