Bucks vs Suns NBA Finals Thread

This might be one of the most enjoyable championships rides I can remember. The Freak is so humble and just like “one of the people”. It’s beyond refreshing. Portis is like the Gorman Thomas type the city embraces, Middleton just does his job, Holiday…what he does in the community and his toughness. Just a fun group to watch
this is what made me actually want to follow an nba team this year. you're right - they are fun to watch. hope they can keep the team together long enough to win a few more.

this is what made me actually want to follow an nba team this year. you're right - they are fun to watch. hope they can keep the team together long enough to win a few more.
The core 3 is there for a few years. They will have to retool some pieces but it is what it is. This team will be there again

What a great win! Giannis simply willed the team to victory in one of the greatest NBA Finals performances.

I had doubts because over the last few years they've not been the toughest group, either mentally or physically, and that manifested itself a few times to me even in these playoffs. They proved me wrong. That series against Brooklyn seemed to be a transformative situation for them. On top of that they overcame the injury to Giannis and won 2 games over the Hawks without him. At that point I thought they had a chance.

I've been a fan for 50+ years, but there have been some down periods in there where I pretty much ignored the Bucks for most of whole seasons. Even now the NBA is still down the totem pole for me as "must watch" sports, but this Bucks team has brought back the interest over the last 3-4 seasons. I'll save the newspaper clippings of this Finals and put them with my clippings from 1971 - which my wife found in a box in our spare bedroom a few months ago.

Only thing that's ticking me off I am still hearing on the radio from talking heads how this championship does not mean much because there were so many injuries to other teams. That's horse podo(. Injuries happen to teams every year and it's how you deal with them. Giannis went God Mode in the finals scoring 40 or more points in 3 out of the 6 games and became only the 7th player in the finals history to score 50 or more. Giannis play was one of the all time greats.

Now though Giannis and the Bucks got the 1st one let's get greedy and win a bunch more!
Just block out all of that. Enjoy this for awhile. Don't worry what others are saying. The Bucks are the Champs. End of story.

I don't watch much NBA at all. Not for awhile. Grew up a Pistons fan pre Bad Boys Days til mid 2000s. Where I grew up, plenty if Bucks fans and I enjoyed seeing them take it all this year. I think what was even more fun, was reading all the banter back and forth in the forums where it went from despair one day, to jubilation the next and then everything in between. Enjoy the heck out of it. It was worth every but of the ups and downs. The Bucks are the champs!!

Not sure how accurate the above pic is, you guys would know better, but that sure shows the hard work the young man has done to become a champ!

The core 3 is there for a few years. They will have to retool some pieces but it is what it is. This team will be there again
Yeah only real key bench pieces they might lose this off-season are Tucker and Portis.

This might be one of the most enjoyable championships rides I can remember. The Freak is so humble and just like “one of the people”. It’s beyond refreshing. Portis is like the Gorman Thomas type the city embraces, Middleton just does his job, Holiday…what he does in the community and his toughness. Just a fun group to watch
Oh Boy! You mentioned Gorman Thomas. I was in the Sacramento area all of 1974, and went to about 20 Sacramento Solon games. They had a left field fence about 250 ft. out. There was a 40' high wire fence above it. They had raised fences to compensate for the short distance.

Bill McNulty, 55 HRs, Gorman Thomas 51 HRs, Sixto Lezcano 34, McCartney & Reynolds 32 each, Blanco 28. It was fireworks every night.

Back