Bucks vs Knicks

Pugger

Reaction score
I finally got to see the Bucks last night on ESPN and they had no business losing that game after being in the lead all night long. :(

They've turned into a minor league team for big city NBA teams. They'll end up giving their best players away, or they'll leave via free agency, and they get nothing in return.

It's happening so often that it's become a joke. Ante & Parker will both be gone by the end of next year.

The Bucks are still a young team and they are still learning how to win. That Knicks game was a perfect example. They just beat the Knicks in a tough hard fought game a couple of nights before, in New York. They come home, are handling their business and go into the 4th quarter with a decent lead, and figure they have the game won so get complacent. Not so fast kids. No time to take your foot off the gas. They let the Knicks back in and eventually gave it away. A veteran team would not have done that.

As for their young stars, I'm not so sure TW. I know that has been their history, but the Greek Freak just signed a 4-yr extension in Sep. There is no way he leaves until at least 2021 unless the Bucks foolishly make a trade, which I don't see. Parker might go, BUT he actually seems to like it here because he's from Chicago and so has family nearby. I think they are going to work really hard to re-up him before his deal is done in 2018. Even then, I believe they have the option of matching, with a qualifying offer, through 2018-19. (It's almost certain they will give him a qualifying offer and match unless he's injured again.)

If I'm reading it right, it looks like they also have contracts to control Brogden, Plumlee, Henson, Middleton, Delly and Maker through at least the 2019-20 season. I think this core group could be together for 3 more years. Now, given the Bucks history, they also could trade half of them away in silly deals for questionable veterans. Hopefully they'll give this group a chance to grow together. I'd like to see what they can do with a healthy Middleton and a more ready to play Thon Maker the next couple of seasons.

Back