Bucks trade Tony Snell and 30th pick to Pistons for Jon Leuer

BucksFeed

Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The Bucks won't have a pick of their own for Thursday's NBA draft after agreeing to a deal Wednesday night with the Pistons.

bucks

Continue reading...

Jon Leuer traded for a 1st round pick and Tony Snell. He has to be feeling pretty good about himself this morning.

Trading in the NBA is so different than any other sport. Trade away a draft pick and a decent player for a guy you're going to cut, so you can free up a little cap room. It flies in the face of common sense, but yet, because of NBA free agency, it happens all the time.

50-50 he gets cut. Stretching a contract is not ideal but his contract is much easier to move in another deal. If he sticks he’s not a bad fit.

They may end up keeping him for this first year, just because it would be expedient cost wise, and he would be a good enough fill in for a 5th guy on the floor if needed. Who knows? Maybe he'll impress in camp enough to stick. I agree with the 50% though.

He only has this year left on his deal so it’s probably a one and done unless he has a career year.

Reactions: TW
On radio last night there was some talk of them not even bringing Leuer to camp but instead just cutting him so they can dump a portion of the contract to free up some money. Not sure of the financial details or if the radio guys were just spewing crap.

Lots of theories out there as to what they'll do. I don't think it will take too long before we find out. Who knows? He could even be involved in a trade that would include a decent player, for more salary dumping. The NBA works in mysterious ways.

If Leuer is cut and stretched he would free up $6.3 million this year in cap space.

The more I think about it he’s not going to play a minute I’m Milwaukee. Some of Horst comments where very non committed but that’s also part of NBA rules

Last edited:
Back