Bucks attendance

TW

Reaction score
Firserv Arena has a capacity of 17,500. There were 33 unsold seats for the Bucks home opener. Based on some of the attendance figures I've seen over the last few years, that's a pretty decent number. I have no idea how it averages out over the course of a year, but it's a good start.

I realize gate money doesn't pay the bills, but it shows the amount of interest there actually is in a team, and that's one of the venues that they aren't afraid to show the seats all the way to the top. Some venues only show about the first 20 rows, because that's all they have in house.

As for the Bucks game against the Heat? You can't continuously play for the 3 point shot and really figure you're going to walk away with a win. The Bucks threw up 54 attempts for 3, and made 17. They only threw up 40 shots from 2 point range. Had they opted to work inside when they were up 22, they could have easily held off the Heat. Instead, they started throwing up rocks from 3 point range.

Bucks played to 100% + capacity last year as did 10 others and 11 more were at 90%+. I think NBA counts tickets distributed much like MLB but not 100% sure. What I think we are seeing (empty seats) is most if not all venues have club bars that you can socialize and watch the game and teams like Atlanta encourage it, Miami has a Grey Goose lounge and the scenery is well nice.

As to the Heat game last night I agree on the shot selection but that’s the system they play. If I had one gripe about the system it’s more that Giannis does not get entry passes on the block down low instead of top of the key. You get Lopez down low and clogs the middle and does not give Giannis room. He is so good at getting into the paint and scoring or dishing out.

What disturbed me more last night was like Houston horrible defensive rotations. They still have issues guarding the pick and roll or pick and pop. I know it’s only 2 games in and Bud needs to find a rotation but Matthews and Korver are not Brogden on defense. Something to watch , let’s see 20 games from now if that improves

On Lopez clogging the middle, why hasn't Bud made adjustments? You're right about Giannis being down low. His being outside the key and driving does open them up for perimeter 3s, no doubt about it, but that can't be your only weapon.

just my guess re: adjustments you can’t drop Lopez low, keeps Giannis outside where he’s not effective and also makes the offense stagnant , no motion. Buds between a rock and a hard place. Play bigs down low might get more paint points but at the expense of offensive flow. As good as Lopez is he’s not the best kicking out for open shots. And Lopez (both) don’t have quick feet, unlike Embid , they plod. We don’t have athletic bigs like Harrell who you can post up and get quick post moves.

Back