Bucks 121, Pistons 98: Starters help ring in new year with a bang

TW

Robin Lopez has made a huge difference in the Bucks lineup. I had no idea, when the Bucks got him, that he'd be the guy they needed to plug the center on defense, and can score, when he needs to.

57packer

Draft Guru
2018 Draft Guru
I wasn't so sure about him either but he's been a really good fit. He's been pretty decent as a defender and rebounder but what has made him such a nice fit is his ability to hit from outside. It forces his defender to honor his shot out to the 3-pt line and leaves the middle much more open for Giannis to do his thing. A classic wide-body center who can't shoot with any range would likely be a handicap on this team on the offensive end.

TW

I remember the words of Al McGuire. "You need an aircraft carrier in the middle to win games!" He was referring to a guy who could make others look better because of his play, not necessarily the best player on the floor.

Packinatl

Lopez is a perfect fit for Buds system. Plus the game has changed to the point you don't need a Lanier type, you need more of a Horford or Davis type who is more of a 4 than a 5