Brewers Make A Trade 1-5-19

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
Brewers trade OF Keon Broxton to Mets for RHP Bobby Wahl, RHP Adam Hill, IF Felix Valerio. Brewers have now traded Broxton and Domingo Santana this offseason. Common denominators: Both outfielders, both backups, both out of minor-league options

GBP4EVER

Not bad Brewers traded a guy who they probably had no room for on major league roster and got a few lottery tickets they can put down in the minors and see if anything can happen with them.

57packer

Draft Guru
2018 Draft Guru
Sure hope they have another OF they think can play. They have Gamel off the bench right now, but with Braun's unjury history odds a pretty good you will need a 5th OF.

GBP4EVER

Sure hope they have another OF they think can play. They have Gamel off the bench right now, but with Braun's unjury history odds a pretty good you will need a 5th OF.
Santana and Broxton were both out of options so Brewers would have been forced to keep them on roster all year or cut them otherwise if not traded.

57packer

Draft Guru
2018 Draft Guru
I understand the issue, but since Gamel had a minor league option I thought they could keep Broxton on the roster and use Gamel as the "swing" guy. I guess they wanted Gamel on the roster full time to leave themselves with another left handed hitting option off the bench.