Brewers Are Central Champs

Congrats Brewers - The Little Engine that does!

Don't know how they do it. But, it is refreshing to have a team from Wisconsin outperform expectations.

To celebrate winning the division the Brewers put Coor's Edge a NA beer in Jackson Chourio's locker since he's not legal to drink.

Shame Chourio though is a after thought to Skene's and Merrill for ROY. Skene's was shut down for part of the year and played on a last place team and Merrill stats are not much different then Chourio but Chourio is playing on a better team. But Chourio on the smallest market team so gets the least respect.

Let's go for #2 seed!
Would be nice but going to be hard. #1 seed they are 3 games behind but really 4 as they would lose the tie-breaker and for #2 seed they are 2 games behind but really 3 as they lose the tie-breaker. Only 10 games left in season and will have a hard 4 game series vs AZ who is right now tied with the Mets for the 5th/6th seed and ATL still chasing them both 2 games behind them.

Would be nice but going to be hard. #1 seed they are 3 games behind but really 4 as they would lose the tie-breaker and for #2 seed they are 2 games behind but really 3 as they lose the tie-breaker. Only 10 games left in season and will have a hard 4 game series vs AZ who is right now tied with the Mets for the 5th/6th seed and ATL still chasing them both 2 games behind them.
I do agree with you GBP. Very wishful thinking on my part as I think the number three seed gets royally screwed in the current MLB playoff system. (I'm for a five team scenario where division winners are treated equally.)

Baseball is a streaky sport. And often that number six seed gets to that spot because they are on a hot streak. In other words, number three seed gets to play a two of three series against a hot team. We saw what happened last year (within 24 hours) and the team that beat us went all the way to the World Series. While the other two get a bye.

I do agree with you GBP. Very wishful thinking on my part as I think the number three seed gets royally screwed in the current MLB playoff system. (I'm for a five team scenario where division winners are treated equally.)

Baseball is a streaky sport. And often that number six seed gets to that spot because they are on a hot streak. In other words, number three seed gets to play a two of three series against a hot team. We saw what happened last year (within 24 hours) and the team that beat us went all the way to the World Series. While the other two get a bye.
yep, i was also hoping for a top two finish. i agree that the #3 seed gets hosed more often than not.

Back