Brewers 6, Dodgers 5: Surviving some unneeded anxious moments in the end to take Game 1 of the NLCS

CrewNation

Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The Brewers hold off the Dodgers, 6-5, on Friday night at Miller Park to win Game 1 of the NLCS.

brewers

Continue reading...

Big time win yesterday for the Bullpen had issues late in game but held on. Today is perhaps the most key game of the series. They win at home today to go up 2-0 it puts them in the driver seat as then they only go to LA needing really 1 game to have a favorable chance to put LA away in a game 6 or 7. A win would even mean they can put LA away in LA with 2 out of 3 games. But a loss today puts the tide in LA favor with LA then having a chance to close the series out in MKE and even losing 2 of 3 would still mean dodgers would come back to MKE with 3-2 series lead and I am unsure if MKE could win 2 out of 3 in LA.

I thought the bullpen management was awful last night and I hope it does not cost them down the road. I don’t mind Hader going extras but not 3, he now basically done until game 3 and that could be limited. And you don’t use Hader that early. Did not understand Cedeno in 8th. Burnes was available early, or even in 8th

I thought key was beating Kershaw. He was dominant last outing. Still think it goes 7

Last edited:
Counsel seems like the kid going to school on day one with a shiny new pencil box that he just can't resist opening over and over and over. There was no reason to go to the pen so early last night, Woodruff was pitching well. Then he burned Hader for Saturday.

Today, Miley is having a masterful game, but Counsel just can't help himself. Let's open that bullpen early again. Send your young rookie pitcher out there to fail in a pressure situation. He's just too enamored of that shiny "bullpen".

Back