Bret Bielema says he’s a better coach now

dannobanano

Reaction score
Molded by adversity.

I was not a fan of some of his in game coaching but the guy could recruit, I give him that. That’s a hard place to win but in 2-3 years they will be a pain in the ass

Well he's going to a team that's been the dumpster of the B1G for a long time. Lets see what he can do.

I wonder if his recruiting skills are good enough to offset the reputation he's gotten as not being that good of a coach? I think he may make inroads into Illinois, and parts of Indiana, but I don't think he's going to be nearly as effective as he was with Wisconsin.

I wonder if his recruiting skills are good enough to offset the reputation he's gotten as not being that good of a coach? I think he may make inroads into Illinois, and parts of Indiana, but I don't think he's going to be nearly as effective as he was with Wisconsin.
He really recruited Florida well while at UW, getting Alex Collins to Arkansas was a good example who was UW bound until BB left for Arkansas....Jacoby Brissett was coming to Madison before his mom got in the way. Not really concerned about Indiana, not really a hot bed.

He will just take off his shirt and drink beer with them. :)

He really recruited Florida well while at UW, getting Alex Collins to Arkansas was a good example who was UW bound until BB left for Arkansas....Jacoby Brissett was coming to Madison before his mom got in the way. Not really concerned about Indiana, not really a hot bed.
I'm not worried about Indiana either. Just saying he will get kids out of there as preferred walk on, or 3 star kids. Not certain how well he's going to do in Florida any longer. He might have a few ties left that will direct talent his way, but just not certain. I'd assume he'd be working on an IMG connection?

I'm not worried about Indiana either. Just saying he will get kids out of there as preferred walk on, or 3 star kids. Not certain how well he's going to do in Florida any longer. He might have a few ties left that will direct talent his way, but just not certain. I'd assume he'd be working on an IMG connection?
His hot spot was the east coast of Florida especially Palm Beach area

I thought Charlie Partridge was more of a recruiter in that area. He did it at Wisconsin, and Arkansas, for Bielema. Now he's an Assistant Head Coach (I think this is right) at Pittsburgh? DC as well?

Bret rode his coattails.

I thought Charlie Partridge was more of a recruiter in that area. He did it at Wisconsin, and Arkansas, for Bielema. Now he's an Assistant Head Coach (I think this is right) at Pittsburgh? DC as well?

Bret rode his coattails.
Well on the Florida thing it was a true double team. He had some really strong connections especially at Dwyer HS. I don’t think he rode any coattails

Back