Bo Ryan - retiring after next season's victory lap

57packer

Reaction score
Bo Ryan announced this afternoon that the upcoming season will be his last as coach of the UW Men's Basketball team. Bo hopes that Greg Gard will be given due consideration as his replacement.

Sad day for UW Basketball - end of an era.

Gard will likely be the replacement though I suspect Barry will keep his options open in case some "names" come calling. I suspect the only guy who could prevent Gard from being the next coach is if Tony Bennett tosses his hat in the ring. Other than that, I don't know if there is anyone else who is "reasonably possible" who would move the needle enough to make Barry go in another direction.

Best wishes Bo. The Hall of Fame awaits you. A true UW legend in every sense of the word.

Can't see Badgers hiring a big name as they will want to keep the same offense so likely Gard gets a try as coach.

Huge hole to fill... Good luck to Bo in retirement and whoever is crazy enough to take the HC job after a legend,,

Gard was the main recruiter and did the majority of game planning. Great basketball mind and in many ways just as important as Bo. I would be shocked if he does not get the job. Stop some bad blood with Bennett family and UW

Gard was the main recruiter and did the majority of game planning. Great basketball mind and in many ways just as important as Bo. I would be shocked if he does not get the job. Stop some bad blood with Bennett family and UW
Agree a done deal with Barry interviewing a couple guys just to make it believable.

Back