Black Monday 2022

David Culley would have been better to keep then Smith. Hell pretty much anyone would have been a better hire. I would have hired Jim Caldwell if they wanted a minority candiate. Texans are a team horrible owner and horrible GM. a team with zero future and picking top 5 for several years in a row.

If going to let him cook better get him the proper ingredients to make a meal.
A good chef makes a good meal out of what he has...at least that's what Guy Fieri says....

David Culley would have been better to keep then Smith. Hell pretty much anyone would have been a better hire. I would have hired Jim Caldwell if they wanted a minority candiate. Texans are a team horrible owner and horrible GM. a team with zero future and picking top 5 for several years in a row.
This was not a minorities hire it was a incompetence hire. Honestly the key to Houstons success or lack of will come down to the decision on Watson

Texans hire HC Lovie Smith: F Grade
When Lovie Smith was running the show at Illinois, the thought that he would be a terrific coach in his third NFL stint crossed my mind several times. Sure, Illinois went 17-39 during Smith's 5-year tenure at the school, but his new Santa Claus beard made him look very smart and competent. The Texans obviously had the same thought process, which is why they made the extremely intelligent decision to hire him as their new head coach.

I'm obviously being facetious here because this hire is a joke. Before Smith was 17-39 with Illinois, he was 8-24 as head coach of the Buccaneers for two years. There were so many better candidates available, namely Brian Flores and even Josh McCown. Granted, McCown has never coached in the NFL, but at least he's an unknown commodity with upside. There is no upside with Smith unless Houston believes his 28.4-percent win rate is the best the franchise could do.

People are so stupid on FB. Saying he's a good coach because he got to a SB with the Bears.

Going to be interesting who GB hires as their QB coach as that's a huge hire if Rodgers is gone.

Back