Best College Player You Ever Watched

Packers were suckers in Hadl trade. Originally they were going to trade for Archie Manning with the same offer I heard but right before the trade happened NOLA QB got hurt so they trade got called off but the NOLA GM called up LA said the Packers are desperate for a QB so LA calls GB and GB being idiots offers the same package for a washed up Hadl.
no chance NOLA trades Manning in 74-75, Manning did not have shoulder issues until 76 season

no chance NOLA trades Manning in 74-75, Manning did not have shoulder issues until 76 season
Bill Tobin, who was the Packers' director of pro scouting at the time, actually had reached an agreement on a deal with New Orleans. The Packers were going to get Archie Manning, who was 25 years old and four years removed from being the No. 2 overall pick in the draft, for two first- and two second-round draft picks

Bill Tobin, who was the Packers' director of pro scouting at the time, actually had reached an agreement on a deal with New Orleans. The Packers were going to get Archie Manning, who was 25 years old and four years removed from being the No. 2 overall pick in the draft, for two first- and two second-round draft picks

Both would have / were horrible trades.

that's quite different from saying "no chance NOLA trades Manning in 74-75"
I just dont think you trade the home town golden boy when trying to sell tickets...not sure I believe that entire story actually

Back