Best Case & Worst Case at 30

GBP4EVER

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
2022 Draft Guru
Reaction score
Name your best case and worst case of what you could see happens at 30.

Best case GB stays at 30 Murray falls to them and they take him.

Worst Case GB see's LB, WR, and OL go off the board leaving slim pickngs at 30 and so decide the best thing to do is once again draft a DB in the first round of hte draft.

Name your best case and worst case of what you could see happens at 30.

Best case GB stays at 30 Murray falls to them and they take him.

Worst Case GB see's LB, WR, and OL go off the board leaving slim pickngs at 30 and so decide the best thing to do is once again draft a DB in the first round of hte draft.
Better not get any DB past the Okudah or Henderson. The drop off to #3 is steep

Better not get any DB past the Okudah or Henderson. The drop off to #3 is steep
That's why I have it as worst case. I have seen a couple people mock Jaylon Johnson to GB.

Best Case:
Stay at 30. Talent / value will be there even at WR. Run on QB’s will drop some guys

Worst Case:
Trade out and miss on talent. Deep draft especially at WR. WR #5 / #6 would be WR 2 or 3 in any other year

Best Case:
Stay at 30. Talent / value will be there even at WR. Run on QB’s will drop some guys

Worst Case:
Trade out and miss on talent. Deep draft especially at WR. WR #5 / #6 would be WR in any other year
To me a trade out won't be bad if the LB's are gone OL has seen 5-6 tackles go and if you have seen 5-6 WR's go then I consider moving down.

I thin for sure you will see 4 WR's gone with 50/50 chance Mims and Higgins are both gone. If that's the case I could be willing to slide down 5 spots or so to the 2nd round.

Whoever mocked that was drunk.
Why would you do a mock draft sober?

That being said, I would be very surprised if every single one of the players that we hope drop to #30 are already gone. Unless there are multiple of those players available, and we trade down a few places knowing we'll still be able to get one - you don't trade down.

Worst case scenario - you get to #30 and the best board/scheme fits are gone and you can't find a partner to trade down. Now you end up reaching.

Best case - Queen or Murray are there along with an OT option like Jones and a top 4 receiver drops that far. You get your pick. Not gonna happen but hey, I can dream.

To me a trade down isn't really best or worst case scenario by itself. It depends on your board. Let's say the two LBs are gone as are the Rd1 OTs and the next best available WR on the Packers board when they get to #30 is #45 on their board. They don't really like their options at other positions except there is a safety they really like who grades out as good value at #30. What they should do is draft the safety OR if they can make a move from #30 to say #37 and get the WR then do that. Stay true to your board. Especially at WR, where the difference between these guys isn't real huge after the top 4, IMO. Why draft a #45 guy if you're picking at #30 when you can probably get a good a WR at #62 or even #94.

I don't think bailing out into the later part of Rd 2 makes sense unless you get an offer than just blows your mind, but a move down of 5-10 spots makes sense if your draft board says it does. Since we don't know how the Packers view the players, many/most (including me) will probably complain if they take a guy we feel is a reach, or if they trade down when there's a guy there that we think is great value at #30.

... I would be very surprised if every single one of the players that we hope drop to #30 are already gone. Unless there are multiple of those players available, and we trade down a few places knowing we'll still be able to get one - you don't trade down.

agrre. but i'm not sure i trust gute to do the right thing. his first draft was garbage. and while the second draft was better, he still blew the highest draft pick we've had in a long long time.

agrre. but i'm not sure i trust gute to do the right thing. his first draft was garbage. and while the second draft was better, he still blew the highest draft pick we've had in a long long time.
just to clarify - you're referring to the selection of Rashan Gary?

Back