Bears to start Fields

The Unholy Turnip

Reaction score
The title pretty much says it. I personally think it's a mistake on their part. Yep, Fields has a big arm and can run quite athletically... just like Mitch Trubisky. They ruined Trubisky by throwing him to the wolves before he was ready and if what I saw from Fields in the second half vs Cincinnati was any indication, they're about to ruin this kid too. They should be playing Foles and letting this kid learn.

The title pretty much says it. I personally think it's a mistake on their part. Yep, Fields has a big arm and can run quite athletically... just like Mitch Trubisky. They ruined Trubisky by throwing him to the wolves before he was ready and if what I saw from Fields in the second half vs Cincinnati was any indication, they're about to ruin this kid too. They should be playing Foles and letting this kid learn.
The other issue with Trubisky is they play to his strengths, move on the run and move the pocket, they tried to make him a drop back pocket passer. As to Fields his biggest issue is reading progressions, its just not there yet

Its basically todays NFL. Wilson (Jets), Burrow, Jones (NE) and even Lawerence. If you have the 1st round tag your playing sooner than later

So now Nagy is so inept he is saying he has no idea who he will start out of 3 QBs he has

So now Nagy is so inept he is saying he has no idea who he will start out of 3 QBs he has
I'm not saying he's a good coach, and I'm not trying to defend him. But everyone thinks they know more than Matt nagy about coaching and how to design an offense "to make Fields more effective". All those things can work in small bits but you really can't do QB roll outs, max protect, etc for an entire game. He may not be a great coach, but he knows a helluva lot more about coaching than 99.999% of the people who think they can do better.

Nagy choosing his QB for Sunday.

th

I'm not saying he's a good coach, and I'm not trying to defend him. But everyone thinks they know more than Matt nagy about coaching and how to design an offense "to make Fields more effective". All those things can work in small bits but you really can't do QB roll outs, max protect, etc for an entire game. He may not be a great coach, but he knows a helluva lot more about coaching than 99.999% of the people who think they can do better.
No but you can do it at least once and play to your QB's strength. And its not like this has happened before, Trubisky was handled the same way. Now Dan Orlovsky knows a hell of a lot more than me and me has roasted Nagy

I don't disagree with Nagy to a point, their GM has surrounded the QB with crap for talent and an OL with more holes than a good piece of Wisconsin swiss cheese. Bears need a new GM and HC.... I hope they sign both of the current ones to a long extended contract chicago sux

Saw article yesterday saying that while Dalton was in Nagy called a ton of short passes that are easy to complete and those passes which could have built confidence in Fields making were not called. Why not call short passes that have high chances of being completed. Don't you want to build up a young QB's confidence instead of getting him killed?

Saw article yesterday saying that while Dalton was in Nagy called a ton of short passes that are easy to complete and those passes which could have built confidence in Fields making were not called. Why not call short passes that have high chances of being completed. Don't you want to build up a young QB's confidence instead of getting him killed?
Not sure I buy that. Partially because Fields was under pressure all day. It’s not the short throws it the entire scheme

Not sure I buy that. Partially because Fields was under pressure all day. It’s not the short throws it the entire scheme
Though at some point got to do some thing to help a young QB do something instead of just htinking how do I stay alive.

Back