Barry Alvarez got paid more than $1 million after his term as Wisconsin athletic director finished

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Barry Alvarez cashed in more than $300,000 from banked vacation time over 31 years with the Badgers and collected a larger payout from an additional compensation agreement.

Continue reading...

Holy cow. That's crazy the UW system does not cap how much vacation you can bank or carry over like most businesses do. I can't carry any over it's a use it or lose it.

Holy cow. That's crazy the UW system does not cap how much vacation you can bank or carry over like most businesses do. I can't carry any over it's a use it or lose it.
My old job I could bank up to 5 days PTO per year

My old job I could bank up to 5 days PTO per year
Yeah used to have that at my place but under new ownership they gave us more days to use which is nice but changed to no carryover.

Yeah used to have that at my place but under new ownership they gave us more days to use which is nice but changed to no carryover.
We got more days based on service time was not a blanket amount for all. And if you leave you get what you have banked

We got more days based on service time was not a blanket amount for all. And if you leave you get what you have banked
I can't complain how many days I get now I have 30 days each year to use plus sick time. Only thing that would be nice would be able to bank in case you wanted to or be able to get paid out on unused days.

Back