Badgers vs Illinois

For the first time since the 90's the older alumni and some of the name formers are ticked off and talking, I haven't seen anything like this in a long time. AD is going to get heat from the admin and boosters if he loses to Northwestern.

Even Barry will bail if it gets too ugly.
Go Northwestern!

For the first time since the 90's the older alumni and some of the name formers are ticked off and talking, I haven't seen anything like this in a long time. AD is going to get heat from the admin and boosters if he loses to Northwestern.

Even Barry will bail if it gets too ugly.
I think Barry will come to the rescue if it gets bad. He'll give the blessing and PC will be gone. As you said about Northwestern, lets also see how the rest of the season plays out but very good points.

Maybe going 0-8 in big ten gets him canned.

Maybe going 0-8 in big ten gets him canned.

That would almost certainly put the AD in a tough position where he might have to bail on PC. The thing is, I highly doubt that happens. The west is bad. Bucky will likely win a few just based on that.

• Illinois had not beaten Wisconsin in Madison since 2002, representing a 20-year gap. The Fighting Illini last won against the Badgers in 2019, in Champaign.
  • Wisconsin only had two total rushing yards with sacks included. The team had 24 rushing attempts, and averaged .1 yards per carry.
  • Graham Mertz threw two interceptions against Illinois and has now thrown an interception in each of the past four games under center.
  • Defensively, Wisconsin did not have an interception for the first time this season.
  • Illinois running back Chase Brown had 129 rushing yards versus Wisconsin. He is the third tailback to eclipse the 100-yard mark this year, all three happening in the past two games.
  • Mertz was sacked five times in the contest, while Wisconsin nose tackle Keeanu Benton had two sacks in the game as well.
    • Wisconsin was outscored 20-0 in the second half, and the deficit 24-point overall deficit was the worst loss to Illinois since 1988.
    • The Badgers only had 68 total yards on 28 plays in the second half.
    • Wisconsin had 10 penalties for 77 yards, meaning they had more penalties than rushing yards on the day.
    • Overall, it was Wisconsin's worst loss to an unranked team since the Champs Sports Bowl in 2008.
    • Wisconsin has scored the least points in Big Ten play (31) and surrendered the most points (86).

That last stat is telling...UW is in trouble.

Call me amazed! I didn't McIntosh would be quite so bold, so quickly. I figured he'd do things the way Barry and Co. have done them for decades and be conservative and wait until at least the end of the season to decide anything.

Back