Badgers ride Happ’s triple double to 3rd straight win

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
For the second time this season Ethan Happ would stuff the stat sheet in a way no one in a Badgers uniform has ever done before. He would land the second triple double this year en route to a 62-46 victory over Northwestern. It was the Badgers third straight win in Big Ten play. The triple double was the first time any Badgers player has recorded more than one in a career, let alone a season.

Source

Continue reading...

The only problem I saw with this game was the fact that Gard obviously asked Reuvers to step up his game and try to take control of more of the offense early. I don't think that's Reuvers game yet. I think he has to play in the flow, work on defense, and let the offense come to him when they start to double team Happ, and are getting burned on the perimeter.

They're still searching, but there seems to be more cohesiveness for the most part during games. I still worry about what happens to them without Happ in the lineup.

I like how Reuvers was used. He’s the only big who can step out and draw the double team off Happ and keep the lane somewhat open. Iverson has not made a 3 since his Freshman year so you can sag off him and dare him to shoot and double Happ. King is the other guy who can play as a small 3 and do the same thing.

Big thing? Defense last 3 games has been nothing less than outstanding.

As soon as Reuvers has the confidence, those shots at the high post will begin to fall. When it does happen, the Badgers are going to be pretty darned good. Hopefully we'll see this happen by tourney time.

TW he's already shooting 40% from 3 and 50% overall, thats near Kaminsky numbers, he was 41% his senior year from 3 but Frank was better overall at 58% but in fairness Frank mostly on the blocks low. The key for this team to get one more level this year is King.

Happ should be playing himself into a soild early to mid 2nd round pick I think.

Happ should be playing himself into a soild early to mid 2nd round pick I think.

As much of a homer as I am don't see it. He has no perimeter game, and no game past 5 feet actually and cant shoot Free Throws. great college player but not at the next level...now Reuvers is whole different story for next year

I suspect someone might take a flier on him, but it'll be late in Rd 2 if at all. Like so many football players who are great college players but don't translate well to the pro game, I think Happ's game just doesn't fit where the NBA is going. Maybe he gets a shot overseas.

TW he's already shooting 40% from 3 and 50% overall, thats near Kaminsky numbers, he was 41% his senior year from 3 but Frank was better overall at 58% but in fairness Frank mostly on the blocks low. The key for this team to get one more level this year is King.

You're right. When he isn't trying to take control of the offense, he can be deadly. The problem is, early in the game, he was obviously asked to do it, and he missed a lot of shots, and ended up on the bench. Like I said, when he lets the game come to him, and he reacts to it, and works off the ball, he can be devastating to the opponents. It also gives Happ a little more elbow room, because they can't constantly drop down on doubles and triples on him. But, as an initiator, he's still learning.

I actually believe that Reuvers could be our best player on the floor at times because he brings a lot of defense around the bucket. He can block shots with the best of them, when he can get position.

I honestly think he'll be our #1 option the next two years, after Happ is gone.

As much of a homer as I am don't see it. He has no perimeter game, and no game past 5 feet actually and cant shoot Free Throws. great college player but not at the next level...now Reuvers is whole different story for next year
You are correct sir.

Back