Badgers dropped by Ducks for 1st time in NCAA tourney

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The Wisconsin Badgers return to the NCAA tournament was not a happy one, as they got dumped 72-54 by the No. 12 seed Oregon Ducks on Friday afternoon. The loss ends the Badgers season earlier than they have seen since an eerily familiar loss to Ole Miss in the first round of the 2013 tournament. After 20 minutes it was all-square at 25-25, but then the second half happened and Oregon pulled away...

Source

Continue reading...

Was not a surprise, but the margin was. Oregon was playing good ball down the stretch and they were an athletic, tough defending group from the little I had seen.

Oregon was shooting out of their minds in the second half. Badger defense was not the best but Oregon was just on fire and the under-performing Badger offense just had nowhere near enough firepower to keep up at the end. The offense had been a problem in a number of games before and that trend continued to some extent.

That's probably the most disappointing thing about this group of upperclassmen, for me. I haven't really seen the sort of individual improvement offensively over time that I was expecting from a number of players. Not sure if it's just the players or the coaching. Simple things like Happ not being able to shoot free throws or any shot from beyond 8 feet. Iverson as well has developed no shot outside of the paint. Pritzl was supposed to be a shooter, but his streakiness hasn't improved. Fortunately Reuvers is kind of the exception. Kobe King, who is essentially a freshman and still super tentative, was still somewhat of a disappointment. I had expected a bigger jump from him, but am hopeful for the future.

Was not a surprise, but the margin was. Oregon was playing good ball down the stretch and they were an athletic, tough defending group from the little I had seen.

Oregon was shooting out of their minds in the second half. Badger defense was not the best but Oregon was just on fire and the under-performing Badger offense just had nowhere near enough firepower to keep up at the end. The offense had been a problem in a number of games before and that trend continued to some extent.

That's probably the most disappointing thing about this group of upperclassmen, for me. I haven't really seen the sort of individual improvement offensively over time that I was expecting from a number of players. Not sure if it's just the players or the coaching. Simple things like Happ not being able to shoot free throws or any shot from beyond 8 feet. Iverson as well has developed no shot outside of the paint. Pritzl was supposed to be a shooter, but his streakiness hasn't improved. Fortunately Reuvers is kind of the exception. Kobe King, who is essentially a freshman and still super tentative, was still somewhat of a disappointment. I had expected a bigger jump from him, but am hopeful for the future.

You could see flashes from King. He’s a very selfless kid and maybe should be more aggressive but he’s a freshman. One thing that is clear is Bo left the cub board pretty bare. His last class was Pritzl, Thomas, Illikeanan and Van Fleet oh forgot Iverson. I don’t think it’s coaching. Gard and Moore were there with Bo. It’s more on who we missed on like the Hauser kids.

Back