Badgers beat Georgia State

TW

Reaction score
Let's start with reality. The Badgers aren't a team that's going to be in the playoffs at the end of the year for a national championship. It doesn't matter. This was never a year that they would have reached that point. They just don't jell in some areas because of the base ability of some players.

Watching these freshmen step in during the second half and show they deserve more field time impressed me. I even think it's time for Hornibrook to take over at QB. Sorry Bart. He got there faster than anyone thought he would. Add Penniston to the mix.

We talked about the DBs last week. They need to step up their play. If they don't, we're in big trouble. Our offense is not going to be that big play group this year. We also need to see a couple of big, tall, CBs coming to Wisconsin. We're losing all the jump balls because of height.

No matter what happens, look for the silver linings of freshmen this year. They will be with the Badgers for three years after this, and with Chryst at the helm, the cavalry will be there to carry the ball, and make those pass catches. I think he and his staff know how to recruit.

While we struggled mightily at times today I would rather struggle and beat Georgia state then have this happen vs Michigan or Ohio state.

Hornibrook is the QB of the future without a doubt and Shaw is next yrs starting RB. PC has done an amazing job restocking young players and rebuilding that OL. It's mind boggling how much GA screwed up in such a short time here.

Two really bad turnovers and a missed FG made this game closer than it should have been. Shaw can't put the ball on the ground at the one yard line and the INT should have been a play to extend the drive.

This is team is better than they played today.

Reactions: TW
Two really bad turnovers and a missed FG made this game closer than it should have been. Shaw can't put the ball on the ground at the one yard line and the INT should have been a play to extend the drive.

This is team is better than they played today.

Just like the pro season, the college season is young and sometimes it takes a stinker to really realign the focus of a team. It's a bout surviving until the next week and continue to build on each game.

Don't know what to make of this years Badger football team yet.
First I read that it might be the best team in a few years and then they look pretty much average yesterday vs. Georgia State.

Meanwhile I'll try and finally watch a game this season and keep reading to figure out what they're like. coffee(

This is by far, the toughest schedule the Badgers have had to play in years. Three top 13 teams in the league over the next four games. Three of those games on the road. Teams like Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, and Nebraska, can be tough enough, but four in a row? Getting through it, with two wins, would be an enormous victory in my mind.

That's the reason I don't hold this year up as being one where we take a giant leap forward. Schedule, especially on the road, can be a bummer, no matter how good your team seems to be.

TW, that is a brutal schedule. On the flips idea, those teams are also worried about playing UW as the BIG10 has stepped up in competition across the conference.

Back