Badgers 2018 recruiting class superlatives

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
When last we met on a national signing day, the Badgers had everyone in the fold. Then a spot opened up and the Badgers waded in to the deep waters of South Florida and the Southeast in general to find the final piece to the puzzle. The final 2018 national signing period was Wednesday, and Wisconsin was in on the annual hat dance, getting a commitment from 3-star cornerback/safety Rachad Wildgoose...

Source

Continue reading...

Reactions: TW
Good read. It does look good.

And yet 24/7 Sports has the Badgers with the #40 class in the country and the #9 class in the Big-10. Some small strides have been made but they still have a ways to go.

I'm not certain I agree with the #40 rank to be honest. I just can't believe the Badgers have done that bad of a job. If it was a #30 or so, I'd agree. Maybe I'm buying too much of the hype on the talent some of these guys bring to the table?

I hope they're wrong.

I don't know how 24/7 gets it's composite ranking numbers and it does seem like a smaller class gets you fewer "points". Either way though, 30 or 40, you are still well behind the top teams. I took a quick look and saw Minnesota ahead of the Badgers - they have 3 four-star recruits for 2018, compared to the Badgers 1. Now, 2019 is starting to have more of a top-20 type feel to it, so hopefully this is trending in the right direction.

Back