backthepack March Mock

Backthepack4ever

Reaction score
FA
K Beachum OT

Beachum has top OT talent but is coming off injury. Could backup later this year and start in 17. Pitt might not resign him. He is solid.

Draft

Tenn L Tunsil
Clev C Wentz
SD D Buckner
Dallas J Bosa
Jac M Jack
Balt J Ramsey
SF J Goff
Miami V Hargreave
TB A Robinson
NYG D Lee
Chi R Stanley
NO W Jackson
Phi J Spriggs
Oak M Alexander
LAR P Lynch
Det L Treadwell
ATl R Ragland
Indy E Elliot
Buff E Ogbah
NYJ L Flyod
icon_evil.gif

Wash E Apple
Hou W Fuller
Minn J Conklin
Cincy S Lawson
Pitt K Fuller
Sea T Decker
GB K Dodd
KC J Reed
AZ Y Ngakoue
Car K Neal
Dev V Butler

Rd 2 Josh Perry LB OSU
Here is our ILB. The kid plays hard and is a leader. He was overlooked but is as good a football player as his OSU teammates. This pushes Clay back where he belongs.

Rd 3 J Hargrave DT SC State

Big athletic hoss to play the NT. Small school kid but held his own against better comp. He can rotate in yr one until he catches up to NFL level

Rd 4 C Westerman OG ASU

It will be hard to keep both Sitton and Lang in 17. Here is the replacement. A little undersized but makes up for it with strength athleticism and some nasty. IMO he could become the best OG in the draft down the road

Rd 4 J Adams TE SC

Board fav TE prospect. He has what we are lacking in Dick Rod. Might not be ready to block but will need to be accounted for in the passing game

Rd 5 T Powell FS OSU

Big play Safety to back up at both spots. Needs some polishing but has nice size and plays with passion

Rd 5 D Campbell OLB Minn

Size and speed to add to the OLBer position.

Rd 6 Jaylon Smith LB ND

It is sad to see a top 5 player fall this far bc of injury. He might never recover but the risk is worth the reward if he does. Give him a red shirt year and this could be the steal going into 17

Rd 7 Terron Beckham beast no school

NFC always wanted a Beckham on the team... here he is. OBJ cousin!! Internet superstar of late but his workout numbers are insane. 230 lbs of muscle. 44 reps @225 40+ vert with 4.4 speed. hey so what he hasn't played football in 5 years. (IDK if im serious on this guy yet, but he is going to get a lot of buzz leading up to the draft)

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/02/12/odell-beckham-jr-cousin-nfl/

I'd be OK with the first 2 picks. Not thrilled, but I could see it working. I like Hargrave and he probably won't last beyond our 3rd round pick, if he even makes it there so that's a very good pick. I've been thinking about Westerman for my next mock as a 2nd-round pick. So obviously a great pick, but maybe optimistic that he will last that long.

This would definitely go a long ways towards solidifying our defense and OL depth!

thanks. I like to do it 1. to strike up any conversation on where guys go and 2. To see who would be on the board when we pick. I think some would like to grab Billings if he was available but I prefer Dodd over him. I don't feel Billings is a 1st rounder.

Also after the top Ots went there was nobody IMO at that position worth taking in the 1st. Even Conklin and Decker are guys Im not sold on.

thanks for the feedback

thanks. I like to do it 1. to strike up any conversation on where guys go and 2. To see who would be on the board when we pick. I think some would like to grab Billings if he was available but I prefer Dodd over him. I don't feel Billings is a 1st rounder.

Also after the top Ots went there was nobody IMO at that position worth taking in the 1st. Even Conklin and Decker are guys Im not sold on.

thanks for the feedback

LOL, I just posted a mock with us taking Billings.

Your late picks were interesting for AZ and CAR. I hadn't seen either of them this high. It does make for good discussion.

I've said it in other threads, but I'll repeat it here. I'm not convinced that any OT that we get at #27 will be an upgrade to Bahktiari. And if we're drafting for depth, then I don't think we should use a 1st-round pick there. It only makes sense if planning on replacing someone on the OL after this season.

Back