Are Badgers fans right to have a case of Bennet envy?

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
No offseason, or for that matter, in-season, topic surrounding Wisconsin Badgers basketball was hotter in 2018-19 than what to make of the Gard era after nearly five years. Some have become enraged at the lack of recruiting wins at the highest level and the seeming shortcoming of head coach Greg Gard’s in-game decision making. Wisconsin basketball feels like it is regressing rather than...

Source

Continue reading...

Well get your history straight, the recruiting "misses" for Hauser and Stone were under the Bo Ryan regime, not Gard and with Stone they never had a shot....see Fed investigation

The point being expressed is that the jury is still out on Gard's ability to bring difference makers into the program, and his ability to work changes into a game plan during games. I see the same issues, and think it's advisable for Alvarez and his people to keep a close eye on where the program is actually going, unless you want a total melt down and our program being a Big 10 joke.

I think this coming season will go a long way towards finding answers for Gard's future.

One thing that puzzled me from the beginning of the season is why we saw so much less offense from Davison. It's as if he was told to get the ball into the hands of Trice, who would be their "go-to-guy." That seemed to be supported by the fact that every time there was a crunch time shot it was taken by Trice without even a thought of passing it to someone open, because he was designated as being "the shooter" for some reason.

Davison is Joe Krabbenhoff, nothing more nothing less. Nice form, plays his ass off but a limited skill set. Trice was the only guy who could create his own shot.
I wish I had a time machine to play back how much heat Bo took during his time in Madison. Oh he can’t recruit or his system is past his time but he hit the perfect storm with Kaminsky, Dekker and Hayes so to many it validates Bo. And yes rightfully so. But how many difference makers did Bo recruit? Ones that carried a team? 2 maybe 3. I hope he’s (Gard) is not judged by if Johnson comes to Madison. He’s already recruited 2 4 star kids who at this point in there time in Madison are more advanced than Harris and Kaminsky were at the same time.
Gards body of work is fine and in many ways equal to Bo at the same point. He’s beat a #1 and #2 seed in the dance and Bo left the cuboard very bare. Is he the best coach in the B1G no but Gard has done a damn good job in Madison considering his recruiting limitations

Davison is Joe Krabbenhoff, nothing more nothing less. Nice form, plays his ass off but a limited skill set. Trice was the only guy who could create his own shot.
I wish I had a time machine to play back how much heat Bo took during his time in Madison. Oh he can’t recruit or his system is past his time but he hit the perfect storm with Kaminsky, Dekker and Hayes so to many it validates Bo. And yes rightfully so. But how many difference makers did Bo recruit? Ones that carried a team? 2 maybe 3. I hope he’s (Gard) is not judged by if Johnson comes to Madison. He’s already recruited 2 4 star kids who at this point in there time in Madison are more advanced than Harris and Kaminsky were at the same time.
Gards body of work is fine and in many ways equal to Bo at the same point. He’s beat a #1 and #2 seed in the dance and Bo left the cuboard very bare. Is he the best coach in the B1G no but Gard has done a damn good job in Madison considering his recruiting limitations
Bucky basketball is frustrating at times, but I have to agree.

I agree with essentially everything in your post, except I believe that Davison has more game than Krabby. Neither Davison or Trice are that good of shooters yet. They both need to improve. I'm still waiting for Kobe to hit his stride. When he does, he might be a solid shooter. Strickland didn't have enough game to compete with the way the Badgers play a controlled offense.

I'm anxious to see how they play without Happ. I think Reuvers is going to be a solid player in the middle. I just wish he'd been able to do a red shirt his freshman year. I think this coming year is going to show the Badgers as a top 6 team in the Big 10, which wouldn't be bad, because it's going to be a talented field.

I agree with essentially everything in your post, except I believe that Davison has more game than Krabby. Neither Davison or Trice are that good of shooters yet. They both need to improve. I'm still waiting for Kobe to hit his stride. When he does, he might be a solid shooter. Strickland didn't have enough game to compete with the way the Badgers play a controlled offense.

I'm anxious to see how they play without Happ. I think Reuvers is going to be a solid player in the middle. I just wish he'd been able to do a red shirt his freshman year. I think this coming year is going to show the Badgers as a top 6 team in the Big 10, which wouldn't be bad, because it's going to be a talented field.

I see your point on Davison, he’s just reminds me of Krabbehoff. Davison is a better passer.

On Reuvers I agree. The redshirt would have been great. He’s more advanced than Kaminsky at the same stage, question is can he take the next step like Frank.

The conference is going to be loaded. Michigan loses a lot but OSU will be so difficult

Back