Allen Lazard's preseason cut fueled Packers breakout

Cheesedog

Reaction score

Not a horrible article for this time of year.. Good for Lazard for making the most of his chances..

Then there's this..

"I'm still kind of salty about it," Lazard said of Green Bay's lopsided loss to the 49ers. "A lot of us really had it set in stone that we were going to Miami, so kind of just being able to swallow that pill after the game and just realizing the season's over and we're not going to be able to achieve our goal was really hard. But I just think that's something that adds more fuel to the fire and just adds a chip to our shoulder going into next year.

I'll let you decide whether that's just poorly worded or some of the locker room was a bit over confident.... ;)

Cd, I think they were just trying to convince themselves in their minds that they were on the same level as SF, all the time knowing which team had the better talent. The outcome was a bitter pill because it confirmed what they knew in their hearts.

I agree, Pack.

Let's remember, he is an UDFA. We know how those have tended to work out. They have a decent year and then the next year they disappear. Although, he has a better chance of playing a lot and doing ok because we never drafted any other WR's to improve the position.

I like Lazard but he is not the next coming of Jerry Rice.

I agree, Pack.

Let's remember, he is an UDFA. We know how those have tended to work out. They have a decent year and then the next year they disappear. Although, he has a better chance of playing a lot and doing ok because we never drafted any other WR's to improve the position.

I like Lazard but he is not the next coming of Jerry Rice.

i predict that 15 years from now lazard will be in the pro football hall of fame. furthermore, i predict he will buy a souvenir while he is there.

I think most teams and lorckerrooms think this way. Doesn't change the reality of getting whooped up and down the field, but if you don't believe in yourself, who else will?

Amen.

Back