About the Packers use of Play Clock

Keg Man

Reaction score
I often wanted them to move faster.

But, they seemed to know what they were doing.

However, this article, its theory, and statistics used tend to indicate that defensive pass rushers are benefited by taking the play clock all the way down.

If it was me I’d mix it up on occasion. There’s a time/place to use the 40 second clock and also to keep defenses playing honest.

I have always said it's a joke Rodgers waiting to one second to snap the ball as the defense can time when to jump. To often Rodgers wastes a TO because he killed to much clock trying to see if the defense is going to show something different. IMO snap the ball with under 10 left at different times that way you keep the D guessing when the snap comes and you don't have to burn a TO if you lose site of the playclock.

I do believe that part of the reason for the clock rundown is because time taken off the clock with offense on the field ultimately means less time Packers D is on the field.

I have always said it's a joke Rodgers waiting to one second to snap the ball as the defense can time when to jump. To often Rodgers wastes a TO because he killed to much clock trying to see if the defense is going to show something different. IMO snap the ball with under 10 left at different times that way you keep the D guessing when the snap comes and you don't have to burn a TO if you lose site of the playclock.
Many times both play/formation and protection are changed after the LOS and wild guess watching games most teams snap under 5 seconds. If I had one both bitch it’s trying get teams to jump but at times it creates a free play. I guess it does not bother me as much as other issues

Back