Aaron Rodgers Talks about How He Learned To Throw The Football

I thought that MM’s offense was an RPO on almost every play!?
Thought I heard that mentioned on numerous occasions.

IMO, what Rodgers found lacking was that MM would send in the same type of play depending on down/distance and it made the offense predictable and easier to defend, and that’s what go under Rodgers hide.

Maybe I’m wrong, but that’s what I thought I had read.

IMO, what Rodgers found lacking was that MM would send in the same type of play depending on down/distance and it made the offense predictable and easier to defend, and that’s what go under Rodgers hide.

You may be right - but I thought what I had read about the new ML offense is that it was going to have more options within any designed play. More than just a Run/Pass option. Regardless - the offense was predictable since it hadn't changed much in over 10 years.

RPO didn't even exist when MM put that O together ? That "catch phrase" is why you don't read all these blogs etc because they are pulling stuff out their hinder. The big problem with MM is he ran the same route tree/formations for 13 years with minor tweaks and every DC in the world knew what he was doing before he called the play.

You may be right - but I thought what I had read about the new ML offense is that it was going to have more options within any designed play. More than just a Run/Pass option. Regardless - the offense was predictable since it hadn't changed much in over 10 years.
Nope it has less options not more. It's very structured and by design the QB only has two audibles at any given time. Though ML and his OC have hinted that they may change that. It's why I wanted him hired.... the play caller in this system has more oversight over the QB. The QB must be disciplined in his reads and progressions.

I read that as well but then found out the guy writing it corrected himself a couple days later.

Nope it has less options not more. It's very structured and by design the QB only has two audibles at any given time.
doesn't that make it even easier for the defense to figure out? oh they're in that formation, they're either going to do this or that.

doesn't that make it even easier for the defense to figure out? oh they're in that formation, they're either going to do this or that.
Not really.... ML uses motion a lot and or shifts his formation. He might run the same play out of 6 different looks but as a defender you have guess which look and what play etc.

Back