8 or 12 team playoff?

I think they'd give a bye to the top 4, and have #5 through #12 play into fill four spots. That would create a little more balance in the schedule.

The point on NY6 games having a problem selling tickets is a problem. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that there are too darned many bowl games. They used to be special. Now, if you win half your games, you have a shot at a bowl game. The luster is off of them.

Just my perspective. I know I don't watch as many now as I did in the past. They're just not the same.

The point on NY6 games having a problem selling tickets is a problem. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that there are too darned many bowl games. They used to be special. Now, if you win half your games, you have a shot at a bowl game. The luster is off of them.

Just my perspective. I know I don't watch as many now as I did in the past. They're just not the same.
Well NY6 games are like Georgia / Penn State type games. The Georgia Sugar Bowl game only drew 55,000 and it’s an easy trip for fans. I think the only exception has been the Rose. Outback gets maybe 45,000 Orange is not a sellout and a great location. But when you find out Dec 5th your traveling in 3 weeks it’s a travel nightmare with travel around the holidays. Bottom line other than NY6 games they are made for TV events and still draw an audience

It's going to expand no doubt just a question of how much and when.

A lot of major schools, not in the big 5 may not go with the idea. With only 3 at large spots open, that could be ate up pretty quickly with conferences that are mid range, leaving independents out of the mix. Or, vice versa, independents in, and conference winners out.

My question is this. How many total schools are in the program, and how many of them are in the big 5? I don't know off hand, but if they don't total half of the schools, they might have a rough time getting confirmation at 8.

Just shooting from the hip here. Not certain it will be an issue.

A lot of major schools, not in the big 5 may not go with the idea. With only 3 at large spots open, that could be ate up pretty quickly with conferences that are mid range, leaving independents out of the mix. Or, vice versa, independents in, and conference winners out.

My question is this. How many total schools are in the program, and how many of them are in the big 5? I don't know off hand, but if they don't total half of the schools, they might have a rough time getting confirmation at 8.

Just shooting from the hip here. Not certain it will be an issue.
Thing is power 5 does not give a rats behind about mid majors they know in college football it's them and they can beat up and eat the mid majors lunch in front of them.

Thing is power 5 does not give a rats behind about mid majors they know in college football it's them and they can beat up and eat the mid majors lunch in front of them.
football does not have mid majors #1. It conferences like Mountain West and C USA, MAC and AAC. Some have legit programs (Houston, UCF) who deserve a shot if they hit the criteria which is something like a top 10-15 ranking, which has happened and they beat P5 schools

football does not have mid majors #1. It conferences like Mountain West and C USA, MAC and AAC. Some have legit programs (Houston, UCF) who deserve a shot if they hit the criteria which is something like a top 10-15 ranking, which has happened and they beat P5 schools
Most likely will have some kind of rule for non-power 5 getting a auto bid if they finish so high in rankings.

Back