53 Man Roster Prediction

GB has for too long not taken ST seriously. I hope ML makes a statement and cuts a few guys that make everyone else step back and say whoa... I hope this isn't an idle threat

IMHO, the two biggest roster mistakes they have made is activating Bak and Jenkins off the PUP.
Those are two roster spots they could have used anywhere else and would have given them more flexibility in roster decisions to start the season.
A couple players that you may worry would not clear waivers now, could have been kept and after 4 more weeks would likely clear waivers to the PS when Bak/Jenks are activated.
Just bad roster management if you ask me.

Key thing when looking at 7th or 8th WR and 4th safety or 6th or 7th CB/DL is asking which of these guys help the most at ST not who you think is best to develop because most likely cutting any of these type of players they go thru waivers unclaimed and can go to PS to develop. With how bad our ST have been that could be a tough cut with some of these guys saying guy A will be better then guy B on ST.

I can't see keeping 8 WR's Toure and Winfree are JAG's nothing speical and both clear waivers. Screw Rodgers if he does not like it he talks up crap WR's all the time that never do anything his praise means nothing.
I understand your position and don't completely disagree, but they clearly have some sort of understanding with AR, and frankly on both Toure and Winfree I couldn't come up with another player or two I really had to have on the 53 because they wouldn't clear waivers and make the PS. So it was pretty much flipping a coin between mediocre depth guys.

Sure, maybe you could keep Goodson or Heflin, but at some point you are probably releasing Goodson when Hill is ready and a 6th DL is just a waste because the 6th DL will be inactive every week and even the 5th guy doesn't get much more than single digit snaps if he's active.

I kept extra guys at WR and OL because I really couldn't think of an ILB, OLB, CB, S, or TE that I cut that I didn't think I could get back on the PS which basically makes them available for a several games and a roster spot if someone goes on IR.

IMHO, the two biggest roster mistakes they have made is activating Bak and Jenkins off the PUP.
Those are two roster spots they could have used anywhere else and would have given them more flexibility in roster decisions to start the season.
A couple players that you may worry would not clear waivers now, could have been kept and after 4 more weeks would likely clear waivers to the PS when Bak/Jenks are activated.
Just bad roster management if you ask me.

Bingo, Danno

I was wondering the same thing. Bak just started doing full practice and Jenkins started what a week ago? They may not be ready for week 1.

Why not give them 4 more weeks to ensure they are both good; especially, since you have some solid options with Tom and now Walker. It is a head scratcher......

I understand your position and don't completely disagree, but they clearly have some sort of understanding with AR, and frankly on both Toure and Winfree I couldn't come up with another player or two I really had to have on the 53 because they wouldn't clear waivers and make the PS. So it was pretty much flipping a coin between mediocre depth guys.

Sure, maybe you could keep Goodson or Heflin, but at some point you are probably releasing Goodson when Hill is ready and a 6th DL is just a waste because the 6th DL will be inactive every week and even the 5th guy doesn't get much more than single digit snaps if he's active.

I kept extra guys at WR and OL because I really couldn't think of an ILB, OLB, CB, S, or TE that I cut that I didn't think I could get back on the PS which basically makes them available for a several games and a roster spot if someone goes on IR.
I'd take Goodson over the pair of Winfree and Toure. Well, maybe lol

Bingo, Danno

I was wondering the same thing. Bak just started doing full practice and Jenkins started what a week ago? They may not be ready for week 1.

Why not give them 4 more weeks to ensure they are both good; especially, since you have some solid options with Tom and now Walker. It is a head scratcher......
Desperation. The OL needs help...

Back