5 biggest Big Ten West division Spring Football storylines

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Last week we took a look at the East division, now it is time to go West my friends. While a lot of the questions out East revolve around offense, will the same hold true in the West division? With a new head coach in at Nebraska, new coordinators in other places and plenty of high-level recruiting happening, there is no shortage of intrigue in the Let’s take a look at the 5 biggest...

Source

Continue reading...

I'll still take the Badgers to win the West. I think the defense will shine. A few tune up games, and they'll be hitting on all 11 cylinders.

For this year, I think the Badgers are the best of the west, but I think it'll need to be the offense that carries them.

Not only will they be really young on the back end, they have lost a bunch up front as well. Their top-3 DEs all graduated - Sheehy, James and Obasih. Loudermilk will be good I believe. After that I assume Rand will get some snaps at DE. They will need to find a couple of young guys to contribute from a group of - Howe, Hirschfeld, Preston and Vopal. If they don't get something from that group it could get tough up front and make things even harder for the secondary.

The offense is essentially back intact. If they get something at TE from Penniston, Neuville and ??, the offense will be humming and they might need that, because I suspect they'll need to outscore a few teams.

Back