3 of 4 Viking QBs quarantined

TW

Reaction score
This is the reason the NFL should make it mandatory as a point of employment. The vast majority of the players would agree. Just have them take a secret ballot vote, then enact the ruling, and get it done.

One QB is infected, and two quarantined because they haven't been vaccinated. Just plain stupid! It's going to seriously hurt the game.

This is the reason the NFL should make it mandatory as a point of employment. The vast majority of the players would agree. Just have them take a secret ballot vote, then enact the ruling, and get it done.

One QB is infected, and two quarantined because they haven't been vaccinated. Just plain stupid! It's going to seriously hurt the game.

The CBA gets in the way here. And considering each franchise is a single entity not even sure the league has the power to mandate it, that’s aside from the legal issues

Not happening, the legalities of that are overwhelming.

The CBA gets in the way here. And considering each franchise is a single entity not even sure the league has the power to mandate it, that’s aside from the legal issues
I believe the players have the right to modify the agreement in conjunction with the owners? Didn't they do so already to accomodate the Covid issues?

I believe the players have the right to modify the agreement in conjunction with the owners? Didn't they do so already to accomodate the Covid issues?
I don't think the union would force their members to get anything health wise done to them. Will the encourage people to get the shot yes but they will never force anything upon their members.

Will they be testing the players who have been vaccinated, to see if they're carrying or sick with the delta?

This thread is getting dangerously close to getting off a "sports" topic.... and into a COVID debate. It still holds, take the COVID talk elsewhere and stick to sports.

One QB is infected, and two quarantined because they haven't been vaccinated.
Was the one QB vaccinated? My greater point, and it's not political, is if vaccinated can carry and get sick from delta, aren't we just tight back where we started? Shouldn't teams have to test close contacts and quarantine close contacts, since the already vaxxed can get sick and possibly carry it to other vaxxed and non vaxxed? Aren't we right back to the start of all this?

Was the one QB vaccinated? My greater point, and it's not political, is if vaccinated can carry and get sick from delta, aren't we just tight back where we started? Shouldn't teams have to test close contacts and quarantine close contacts, since the already vaxxed can get sick and possibly carry it to other vaxxed and non vaxxed? Aren't we right back to the start of all this?
No, and that topic of being fully vaccinated is being highly challenged by many in the medical profession and elsewhere. CDC provided little to no data to back that claim.... some serious fallout is coming.

As for the NFL, they are way behind the 8 ball. The WIAA and UW released a study in the spring from HS fall Football with contact data etc, it was something like 3 confirmed cases after thousands of full-contact practices and games?

The NFL stuff is happening outside the facilities when players venture out or go to family events. You just can't control every little aspect of everyone's lives.

As for testing and I quote

Current COVID-19 tests can’t always detect the delta variant. The delta variant “carries distinctive biological markers that some among the dozens of commercially available COVID tests from academic institutes and medical giants may not be able to sense,”

None of the other issues required a vote which is not happening

Back